Stupid question time!

beamer36m

12 minutes ago, BigT said:

In other words the 1st November 2019 Competency Test will now be known as the Foundation Qualification as stated in the EASA communications. 

Which EU or EASA document uses the term 'foundation qualification'?

The latest (September) version of CAP 722 doesn't use the word 'drone' (other than in references).

Steve

5 hours ago, pete beadle said:

Hi paujJ and Mark Evans

My apologies gentlemen, I'm sure you are right, it was not my intention to disparage what drone flyers do

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702

Hi Pete - it's OK - from my point of view no need for an apology. I was just concerned you were not fully informed, so I decided it would be good to fill you in with more information.

Rgds.,
Paul

This thread seems to have wandered far off the original question of whether a DLG can be used for an A certificate test.

I know that for a fixed wing power A test the model has to weigh a minimum of 1kg, so that also may exclude a DLG.

Have looked on the BMFA acheivment scheme website and in the handbook and can't find the description of what an A test or a B entails.  So its a test just to find out what the test is!!!!

John M

8 minutes ago, John Minchell said:

...... Have looked on the BMFA acheivment scheme website and in the handbook and can't find the description of what an A test or a B entails.  So its a test just to find out what the test is!!!!  ........

Have a look at the second post in the thread....

10 hours ago, pete beadle said:

Hi Steve J

But why would you need to? Surely the only test you MUST do is the drone test? and apparently all reference to drones is/are being removed.....so why would you need to do a drone test  at all?:frantics: and now the BMFA are asking you not to take a drone test either:frantics::frantics::frantics:

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702

Actually the BMFA are saying DONT REGISTER UNTIL WE SAY TO.   I am off to fly in  public competition and displays in France next month and next year so I have had to complete the french training and registration program. Worth taking a look for anyone interested. https://fox-alphatango.aviation-civile.gouv.fr/en/

12 hours ago, John Minchell said:

This thread seems to have wandered far off the original question of whether a DLG can be used for an A certificate test.

I know that for a fixed wing power A test the model has to weigh a minimum of 1kg, so that also may exclude a DLG.

Have looked on the BMFA acheivment scheme website and in the handbook and can't find the description of what an A test or a B entails.  So its a test just to find out what the test is!!!!

John M

Yes a DLG can be used for all silent flight A and B certs. The compulsory and site specific questions remain the same for all achievement tests.

https://achievements.bmfa.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/SilentFlight-AThermal-2019-May.pdf