PeteMitchell

F5J Team Trials for EURO 2020

PeteMitchell

THE PREVIOUSLY POSTPONED F5J TEAM TRIALS WILL NOW TAKE PLACE ON THE WEEKEND OF OCTOBER 19/20 (with OCT 26/27 as RESERVE)

Location is Little Bentley Polo Club, Rectory Road. Lt Bentley. Nr Colchester Essex C07 8SN

(Unfortunately Buckminster is not available until mid November!)

Pre-entry & pre-payment will be necessary by Tues 15 Oct (note detail below)
Costs:- £20 for the weekend competitions; plus £5 per weekend camping unit.

Entry details.

Email your name and BMFA number to: peter.mitchell12@btinternet.com

Payment details.

Via PayPal to:         peter.mitchell12@btinternet.com
Rules –

Full FAI F5J will apply over the 2 days of competitions. Both days scores will be combined to decide final placings

If fewer than 12 entrants have registered and paid by Tues 15 Oct, the event will be cancelled.
In the event that 5 rounds cannot be flown on day 1, all completed round scores will be carried over to day 2. As many rounds as possible will be flown on day 2, with 1 dropped score only.

Finish by 4pm
Each day will also be counted as an individual BMFA National League  competition (minimum 4 rounds each day must be flown)

If neither day is flyable the provisional Reserve weekend Oct 26/27 may be used with the above rules.

Steve Haley

Thanks Pete for volunteering to run the TT at such short notice.....but Essex.....really........that is over a 900 mile round trip for our friends in Scotland who have supported the last two major UK team events!

That said, we will support where at all possible and i just hope pilots who live closer to the location look to support the TT in the same way to make it a viable competition.

Can you please recommend any suitable accommodation near to the field. 

Cheers Steve

• Like 1

tonym

Hi Steve

I know Essex isn't great as a location for pilots from afar but it is a great field to fly on - a couple of photos below. 70 acres/28 h of field - 250 acres/100h of sky min.

The nearest B&B accommodation is at the Court House - http://bromleycourthouse.co.uk/ - less than 2 miles from the field. There's also two Premier Inns, Weeley (Clacton - 3.5 miles) - and Parkeston (Harwich - 10 miles) - I'm editing my directions pdf as there have been changes to the road layout this summer, I'll post it here later. Link below

Directions to the field in a pdf - new directions.pdf

Manningtree is the nearest town, a list of accommodation in or around - http://www.manningtreeaz.co.uk/tourism/accommodation.asp
The Brick Layer's Arms is less than 1/2 mile from the cabin - https://www.thebricklayerslittlebentley.co.uk/ - let them know in advance if a group of you go for food, you'll get a better selection if pre-booked.

little-bentley_field.jpg

the_facilities.jpg

polofield.jpg

• Like 1

PeteMitchell

Thanks also to Tony as he has offered to take on the paperwork preparation for the comp which means we put back the entry cut off:

Entry cut off time will now be 6pm Friday 18th (or 6pm Friday 25th)

Cash payment on the day can also now be accepted.

PayPal payments for pre -entries will be reimbursed if the comp is cancelled before these revised cut off times.

thermaldoctor
11 hours ago, Steve Haley said:

Thanks Pete for volunteering to run the TT at such short notice.....but Essex.....really........that is over a 900 mile round trip for our friends in Scotland who have supported the last two major UK team events!

That said, we will support where at all possible and i just hope pilots who live closer to the location look to support the TT in the same way to make it a viable competition.

Can you please recommend any suitable accommodation near to the field. 

Cheers Steve

Bulgaria is  lot further! But yes this might unfortunately put off scottish entrants. See what happens with entries.....

thermaldoctor

I have been corrected the 2020 EC will be in Hungary 🙂

PETER SHERLIKER

Hi Peter I know it is Hungary but where there and what time of year, I don't see any entries yet and I have just cancelled my entry to Tony's this weekend due to weather not for camping and Sunday not much better so 2-3 hour drive  make it a long day. Your 2 weekends are getting on to winter so camping is out leaving hotel / B&B so arranging and paying for something that could easily be cancelled either time due to weather doesn't make sense to enter.

Peter

Nick Jackson
On 02/10/2019 at 15:44, PETER SHERLIKER said:

Your 2 weekends are getting on to winter so camping is out leaving hotel / B&B so arranging and paying for something that could easily be cancelled either time due to weather doesn't make sense to enter.

Peter

Fair point but I'm booking a room at the Premier Inn at Weeley, which can be cancelled up to lunchtime day of the booking for a full refund. Do join me!

kevb

Thanks for sorting something out for this but as my diary was free Ihave booked a weekend with my son in Exeter. Sorry I can't make it.

Kevin

• Thanks 1

tonym

Please add me to the entry list Pete - both days, either weekend

Tony Merritt - BMFA 142327

• Thanks 1

Randolph T

Good morning Pete 

please put me in for both days.

thanks 

Randy

• Thanks 1

PeteMitchell

Hope I am not tempting the gods but it now looks like our weather could be settling down over the next week.

Preperations well in hand for the Team Trials and here is the  list of pilots  who have entered so far.

image.png

wixy

Would be nice to see some more entries ,

Both days are Open F5J  ,anyone can compete ,you do not need to have any interest in competing for a Team Place .

G

• Like 1

EssexBOF

Please enter me for both days .

BMFA 057851

BARCS 230

• Like 1

Rayg

Hi Pete,

Both days please Pete.

BMFA 052822

• Like 1

David Jowers

Hi Pete,

Please enter me for just the Saturday only please, as I have other duties Sunday.  (I assume £10 for one day only).

BMFA 04983. 

Many thanks,

David Jowers

• Like 1

Nick Jackson

Pete,

I now have to pull out - apologies. Hope it's a great event.

John H

Please enter me for both days

BMFA 40572

Thanks   John h

• Like 2

PETER SHERLIKER

Please enter me for both days Peter Sherliker BMFA 212036

Thanks Peter