Thanks for support Sloper

Marc RC pilot

Thx for support on my new Taranis SE/battery 👍

I am a T9hobbysport supporter and cannot praise you and your company enough for great the service/competitive prices.

Marc  

Edited by Marc Sinclair
I got a little ranty over a battery
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Marc Sinclair said:

T9 must amend there (sic) advertising immediately

The website now says in clear red letters that the battery is not included.

• Like 1

Why assume that it comes with a battery?

I am not familiar with this brand so for all I know they may always come with a battery as standard... but if not surely it is up to the consumer to check.

You appear to have stated that Taranis X9D Plus 2019 stated in red writing that it doesnt. You however purchased the X9D SE 2019. A different model.

Why did you think it would come with a battery?

14 hours ago, beamer36m said:

Why assume that it comes with a battery?

I am not familiar with this brand so for all I know they may always come with a battery as standard... but if not surely it is up to the consumer to check.

You appear to have stated that Taranis X9D Plus 2019 stated in red writing that it doesnt. You however purchased the X9D SE 2019. A different model.

Why did you think it would come with a battery?

Well because the X9D Plus I bought from T9 a while back did and there was no reference to the customer to say that the new Taranis X9D Plus SE 2019 did not.  I spoke to Richard and he forgot to include this info on his website Beamer, a simple mistake,  this has now been addressed ( he has included this info in red writing with a link to also buy the nessecary  battery to make it work) and it makes it as clear as a bell for future customers which is a good thing.

I think the point about me saying that about the Taranis X9D Plus 2019 and the warning/info  sign in red writing was to highlight the fact that this should have been applied to the X9D SE 2019 as well which I purchased. 

Imagined you saved up and bought a brand new car, then as you went to went to drive it away from the show room the motor would not start because the battery was not included and the sale person/advertising did not make this clear/no mention of it... Wouldn't  you be a little upset? :D  

Hope that makes sense to you Beamer and I do think my point is valid. 

Look its no big deal , I said my apologies for getting a little hot under the collar and edited my post to give praise to Richard and T9. Richard said he would sort something out for me for my pain and suffering/ Flying withdrawals ;)

I'm T9'er all the way baby! :) 

No probs... I saw you had edited your original post shortly after mine so I realised you were just blowing off steam.

It can happen to anyone. The only point I was making, which is now moot in any event, was that it is for the buyer to check what is included and not to assume.

If it does not explicitly say it is included then it might not be.

At least it's sorted... T9 did a decent job.

Sorry about the confusion regarding the new 2019 X9D not being supplied with batteries. FrSky made the decision after escalating expense associated with shipping multiple products containing Li ion batteries from China via airfreight. So to maintain prices the units are now supplied without.

We are offering a made up two cell 18500 Li Ion pack which are manufactured locally to sell as an option, we do not recommend charging soft case Lipo packs internally so keep an eye on them if you choose to. Our pack will be back in stock shortly

8 hours ago, Sloper said:

Sorry about the confusion regarding the new 2019 X9D not being supplied with batteries. FrSky made the decision after escalating expense associated with shipping multiple products containing Li ion batteries from China via airfreight. So to maintain prices the units are now supplied without.

We are offering a made up two cell 18500 Li Ion pack which are manufactured locally to sell as an option, "we do not recommend charging soft case Lipo packs internally"  so keep an eye on them if you choose to. Our pack will be back in stock shortly

Why do you not recommend doing this ?

"We we do not recommend charging soft case Lipo packs internally so keep an eye on them if you choose to. "  PLus are your batteries LiIon or Lipo  and what's the discharge rate ?   Sorry they are LiIon which I believe is less safe than a Lipo,  so what made you choose this particular type ?  Thanks Taggarc

Marc RC pilot

I went and bought/installed this battery Sloper for my new X9D Plus SE 2019 TX  : https://www.componentshop.co.uk/7-4v-2200mah-10c-20c-lipo-receiver-transmitter-rc-battery-vapextech.html

image.thumb.png.f1a5a8f731862f6eedcf3be8b253f593.png

I am a bit worried now, what do you recommend I do? (Please excuse my lack of understanding on this matters).

Regards

Marc Sinclair

Marc good article here https://blog.ampow.com/rc-lipo-batteries-explained-what-is-lithium-polymer-battery/

The main thing I could find on casing - suggests a pouch (as per the LiPOs we used ) might be better than a canned solution  because it allows for better thermal expansion, moderately better heat dissipation  and you can better see and gauge damaged cells ...  However, I would be very interested in Sloper's  views on why the Li-Ion canned cells are a better solution (particularly  given that the chemistry Li-Ion is also considered to be less safe than Li-po)  

"Since LiPo’s use, this lightweight plastic pouch instead of a metal can, less weight is the result making pouch celled LiPo’s the preferred choice in weight conscious RC aircraft applications.

By contrast, heavier canned lithium cells such as the very popular Li-Ion 18650 cells that are used in everything from cordless power tools, to Tesla Motor’s current battery packs, weigh in at 20% or more than similar capacity LiPo pouch cells.

These LiPo pouch cells also allow for more thermal expansion and even gassing (electrolyte decomposition) due to the flexible pouch over a metal can that most Li-Ion cells are encapsulated. So, they can also be considered as a safety feature to some extent."

"the main advantage to a soft case is obvious – less weight and a smaller form factor as there is no bulky case around the cells.

The other advantages with soft cased RC LiPo batteries are you can see when they are puffed (which will be covered later on in the article). Hard cased packs, on the other hand, can have puffed cells totally hidden within the case, but the hard case will usually burst when the puffing gets bad enough. LiPo cells enclosed in thin heat shrink also have moderately better heat dissipation over ones that are enclosed in a hard case".

• Thanks 1

Marc RC pilot

Thanks for link/info making it clearer for me taggarc.

Defo got some reading to do. Excellent stuff m8.