Jump to content
jwest532

Wales Winter League 2019/20

Recommended Posts

jwest532

Hi guys

For some reason the mountain forecast hasn't updated so I'm going to delay the weather call until Saturday morning if that OK

Joel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jwest532

Hi guys

The mountain forecast still hasn't updated (must be the virus) however most other forecasts look like there may be an opportunity to fly once the low pressure blows through late morning and into the afternoon. I will leave it until lunch time to make the final call   

Joel

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
simon_t

If it’s any help...

 

D9AAB64E-C166-44D1-B8EE-C69429D48B66.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jwest532

Hi guys 

Well it's doing it to us again.  Some forecasts suggest we could fly in the afternoon and some suggest that this break in the weather will be later ;(

This is what the mountain forecast now says:

WEATHER

Outbreaks of light rain will be replaced by a band of heavy rain gradually arriving from the west, accompanied by low cloud and widespread hill fog. The heavy rain will clear eastwards by early afternoon, with initially dry but cloudy conditions following. Late afternoon cloud breaks will develop, along with perhaps an isolated light shower. A frost will form overnight with dry weather and clear skies.

CHANCE OF CLOUD-FREE MOUNTAIN/HILL TOPS AT 600M

Nil at first, improving to 70 or 80 percent as rain clears early afternoon.

MAXIMUM WIND SPEED EXPECTED

Southwest strong to gale with gusts to 50 or 55 mph at first, easing to fresh or strong with gusts to 30 mph, and veering to a colder northwesterly direction.

I'm happy to give it a go if I get 5 other people willing to travel on this forecast.

Please post below.

Cheers,

Joel 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oipigface

Sad to say I think it’s too far for me to travel for what, at best, would be a shortish session. 
So (regretfully) count me out.
J

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
David Rumble

I'll give it a go Joel

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Buzz

Sorry to say that Andy B and I, won't be travelling down based on the forecast.

Cheers

Paul S

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
abbof3f

I really want to say yes Joel , Big Ron has offered to drive me down there too ...i just cannot see it clearing for long enough mate sorry ,not this time 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alibabaj

Sorry Joel but my gut feeling is we’ll be clagged  in, so it’s a no from me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jwest532

Hi guys, thank you to all of those that have replied.  To be honest, I agree with you, I just didn't want to be the one that called it off yet again!

So, to clarify, tomorrows comp is OFF.

Fingers crossed for the Champ of Champs in a couple of weeks!

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jay bee

Joel,l will need to get back early tomorrow so will have to bow out.

Thanks for all your time and effort

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oipigface

Fingers crossed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.