Glider TX control setup profiles thread. All formats welcome

Marc RC pilot

Marc RC pilot

I started this thread so that RC pilots old and new can share and request glider setup profiles (save programming time, gain further experience, learn from other more experienced progaming set ups, help beginners, starting point for further "tweaking" etc). 

Please feel free to post and request your profiles. 

I personally am after some glider profiles to work with my X9D Plus SE 2019 and companion software for the following gliders:

1) Alula Trek

2) Longshot

Any help appreciated

Cheers

Marc 

Marc RC pilot

I thought this could be a place to share them.  Is this feasible do you think? How does one go about sharing their glider setups here on this forum?

Or maybe this request/idea is to much of a personal/private thing to ask of RC pilots do you think? 

Would like to hear your feed back on this if you please. I'm all ears :)

Cheers

Marc 

Best F3K set up is Jespers JF3K, can be found top of the hand launch page on RCG. 

He does a F5J program too. 

The program from Mike Shellim gets good reviews too from what I’ve seen.

Marc RC pilot

Great stuff Mark and taggarc! I didn't realise such things where available (excuse my newbee-ness). 

When I was into my flight sims the throttle/stick we used had so many buttons and things with what seemed like a million programable options for controlling all kind of things in/on/around military WW1/WW2 planes and jets (flight modes, engine management,weapons systems, views, electronics, coms, maps etc).  There where many generic templates available to download which you could tweak at your hearts content and many specific user-made ones that people could upload and share depending on what hardware set up/plane types one was using. It certainly made it easier/saved a lot of time for programming your HOTAS (Hands On Throttle And Stick). They where very small file size type ( like the ones on the links you chaps put up) which meant they where easy and quick to share.  Due to the nature and complexity of flight sims, they required a much higher amount of switchable controllability. I like the fact that these modern digital radio control systems lend themselves well for this/controlling our gliders (even if one does not need hundreds of control input options, thank God...).

Would it be feasible to share our homemade or tweaked ones here at BARCS (does this site allow for these small file types to be uploaded) ?

It does looks like zip files are ok in the attach/choose files section below.

Thanks for again for the great links/control profile setups!   👍

And an image paints a thousand words! 

image.png.f8691b80603c9df2a062c13b7b8489ef.png

Is this thread just for Taranis/OpenTx or any format?

I share my setup files on RCGroups but I use Spektrum. 

Tony

Marc RC pilot

I was thinking of all systems and formats. just post what you are after/ willing to share. 

My preference is in my first post. I should of made that clearer sry.

Cheers

I'll upload some of mine when I get to my computer.

.SPM extension isn't supported here (can anything be done to change that?) so I upload them as .TXT (they are text files) then they need renaming as .SPM 

Tony 

Edited by SilentPilot
Tried to tag Austin
  • Thanks 1

MMD you will need to edit your first post and heading as others will assume it is just for your radio ...   I haven't really used any of the proper programmes yet because like you I am a newbie.

However to be useful to others because of the flexibility of Open TX the Taranis ones would probably need to be accompanied by some notes to be truly useful / understood ...  as the same set of inputs / programmes can give very different results when it comes to actual models, whilst on a SIM everything can be calibrated / be set to  exactly the same so the resulting outputs are more likely to be  consistent  and be easier to understand

• Thanks 1

Marc RC pilot

I edited the tittle and stuff taggarc, is it ok do you think? I am open for suggestions. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

MMD - If it is to cover all makes and models then I think you should actually state  that in the intro ... then indicate what you are personally interested in - otherwise you run the risk that it is not seen as a general resource thread which I think could be fairly interesting to a lot of people.  Perhaps about making it about general set-up people strive for not just not just pure profiles / tx profiles.  Again, don't have much experience  myself so perhaps someone with more experience could step-in 

• Thanks 1

On 07/10/2019 at 23:56, Mark Evans said:

Mike's program is excellent - I use it on my Pike and Eliminator. I would like to share one issue which resulted from me changing the momentary switch from the right to the left (to enable me to use it for launch mode on DLG). Mike uses a calibration mode to enable the control surfaces to be set up without being influenced by the mixes. It is triggered by a combination of SH up (the original momentary switch), and pushing both sticks into the bottom centre corners. In calibration mode, the control sense is changed to make alignment of the different surfaces easier - for example both the ailerons go the same way and you can sight along the trailing edge. Since my SH switch is now a two position switch I was flying with it in the up position (it does nothing except the calibration mode enable), and I managed to put the sticks into the centre while flying, triggering calibration mode. I didn't recover it before reaching launch height...

As I said at the beginning, this is not a problem with Mike's program, but a result of a change made by me to my transmitter. If you make the same change, remember to re-assign the enable switch in the logical functions page. I am pleased that I was flying the Eliminator and not the Pike, and the damage was minimal.

I think it would be good to have a source of transmitter programs here, and will contribute mine if something is set up. Apart from using Mike's program for the above models, my other models are set up by myself.

• Like 1

Here you go!

Most of these are built for the Spektrum DX9 and may need modification for use with a DX6 (usually I leave ch5 free on 7+ channel setups)
Another thing to note is that these are archive templates that have probably been altered once in the radio but seeing as someone else's plane will likely need slightly different setup anyhow this is a moot point.

Open these files and rename as .SPM before use!

Tony

Ahi.txt DLG.txt E-Sunbird.txt Ka-8.txt MiniVec.txt Mystique.txt Pike WR.txt Radian Pro.txt RidgeRyder(ElevonWing).txt Sunbird.txt

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

I have used Mike Shellim's set ups for a number of years when I used FrSky, sadly he doesn't do them for Graupner, which I have moved to, I had some bad experience with a Horus so changed.

Does any one have set ups for the MZ 24 Pro and the MC series especially the 32?  I have an F3F set up from Andy_B but would welcome others.

Cheers

Nigel

• 3 weeks later...
Marc RC pilot

DLG.zip

TaranisForDLG.pdfTaranisForDummiesForDLG.pdfDLG For OpenTx 2_2_2.pdf

Trying  to post Mickey Nowel  DLG file in a zip format to get passed the non-support of these type of files on this forum and also some of his excellent pdf files explaining all in simple easy to follow terms (Thx George for the head's up on these). 

It's a pretty advanced looking DLG setup with all this fancy stuff going on when in zoom, release and pushing  over the top after launch height is achieved.

Big thanks to Mickey for producing and sharing such content.

Marc RC pilot

Would any of you seasoned DLG Taranis setup dons care to look at my near finished Longshot controls effort and give me a few pointers please?

It's realy basic and feels like it's taken me 2 years....I had to aply a fair amount of trims here and there for my system.  I am doing it on TX and saving it on Companion....Still need to apply cambers on ailerons for speed and thermal mode and that should be it. 

I am using X9D Plus SE 2019 TX with FrSky G-RX6 Receiver(built in vario) 

My brain is really hurting... :) 

Cambers done/updated

Longshot 2.zip

Edited by Marc RC pilot
Repalced old file with updated aileron cambers one/ done

• 2 months later...
On 07/10/2019 at 23:56, Mark Evans said:

Best F3K set up is Jespers JF3K, can be found top of the hand launch page on RCG. 

He does a F5J program too. 

Hi.

Is there a link you can post for this RCG ?

Adrian.