Sign in to follow this  
Redbird

Eldorado F3F/F3B - Jaro Muller

Redbird

No search results on BARCS so now asking, does anyone here have performance info on how this glider compares to known F3F ships? I find it very attractive in many ways. Would like to see how one flies but scant performance and zero contest info anywhere. I think I have found all their is online about it. Who has one in UK? Thanks.

satinet

Hi 

From what i understand the fuselage is the same as the Egida with a heavier lay up.  The wing is also the same moulding but with shortened span and heavier layup.

That's about all i know about it.

Tom

Redbird

Thank you Tom, so  understand too.

Redbird

So perhaps nobody knows because an Eldorado hasn't made it to the UK yet. They've been in production six years as well! Oh well.... it appears a great design to me and I fancy one even if it is unproven in F3f. I will enquire at the factory. 

• Like 1

taggarc

Any links so the rest of us can be enlightened ?  Curiosity got the better of me.      Google actually  throws up a fair bit of general info , including this  - but see  reference to competitions in Australia below.  Might be worth tracking down David Pratley and /or speaking to  Hyperion Australia ...

Eldorado F3F

The Eldorado is an all new design that is currently being released by the well known constructor of molded sailplanes Jaro Muller, an industry leader in the construction of hollow molded models. We have the Egida now for F3J competition and now for F3F Jaro Muller has now released the Eldorado as his latest competition sailplane for the racing class F3F. While similar to the Egida the Eldorado is an all new design utilising the latest trends and design theories to create an awesome F3F sailplane to the current F3F rules. David Pratley from Hyperion Australia is the current agent for Jaro Muller models and he carries most Muller Models in stock and are available now as shipments arrive in Australia. Utilising an all new flap and aileron system in the wings of this model with the servos in the root section of the wing, removing the servos from outer wings and using a mechanical system in the root of the wing for these surfaces, the Egida also uses this system providing all new technology and patented by Muller Models. The Eldorado has a wingspan of 3093 mm, a length of 1672mm an aspect ratio of 18.8, the V tail area of 5.3 dm2 and a flying weight of 1920 grams. The first Eldorado in Australia has been used in testing in the last four months and has proven to be an awesome F3F sailplane with good strength and good flying characteristics and has done well in all competitions entered in Australia and has been well flown by David Pratley who was impressed by the models performance and has imported more Eldorados and they are in stock. The Eldorado has also been released in Europe with many positive reports about this well designed F3F sailplane, look forward to excellent performance if you purchase this molded sailplane from Hyperion Australia.

http://www.thermalcircle.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.review&name=F3F

Redbird

Ah, thanks for that taggarc, it's the first reference I've seen outside of the manufacturers website that actually says it is good for F3F. Now I want to find a used one! There a couple of  videos on Youtube in which it does appear quick and to turn well. I already have F3F gliders that I like, so perhaps I should be happy, but their appearance doesn't turn me on quite like that Eldorado does.

wookman

The aileron and flap set up sounds interesting with the servos in the wing root. Good luck finding one used for sale in Blighty, I have been trying to find some unicorn droppings but no luck so far.

Redbird

Yes wookman and simple servo replacement - if the internal mechanism is last to fail. Prob none in UK anyway.