Northern Winter League 2019 / 2020

Jon_E

Terrific day!
Forecast spot on in all respects.
Winds increasing during the day 8-10m/s during the morning, 10-15m/s in the afternoon
Cloudy but bright, which al least kept the sun out of your eyes, which can be a problem on the South bowl

Only disappointment is that we only had 8 pilots to enjoy the day.
Still, plenty of flying with 17 rounds completed ( could have done more, but its pretty hectic with only 8 )and some fast flying conditions

Mark R once again demonstrated his flying skills with a convincing win, Peter G some equally terrific flying in second, and Paul G not far behind in third
FTD went to Mark R with a 31.04 in R2

Thanks to everyone for keeping the show moving along at a cracking pace all day

image.png.de59cffaf8882c580131aac70777b980.png

Full results to follow.
Next and final WL at Horcum 21st March 2020

Jon

Edited by Jon_E
Sorry Guys, wrong Mark shown for FTD
  • Like 7

Well done guys, sounds like you had a great day.

Congratulations to the top 3 and to Mark for a cracking FTD. 

11 hours ago, Les said:

Well done top three

Is that another PB Mark?

No. It’s not. Mark famously flew nothing but sub-30’s one day at the Bwlch 3 or 4 years ago!

• Like 1

It was a great comp. I always look forward to a comp in the bowl, it's easy to fly and land no matter how windy it gets. 

A decent wind meant that any variability didn't make that big a difference. You had to fly very well to go sub 40 in par air. Anything significantly sub 40 was good air.

It took me 10 rounds to find the length of the course, with 4 cuts. I even cut more than Pengy! I feel a bit guilty about getting a soft reflight in the last round (it was so bad Rich stopped buzzing) which worked out well for me and is probably how I pipped Paul for 2nd.

Lots of rounds took it into enduro F3F territory, it was pretty hectic with not much time to change ballast with only 8 competitors. But good training 👍

Mark T was getting quicker and quicker with his new pitbull 1, which was maidened before the comp. And any hardware advantage I briefly enjoyed has been negated with Mark R's new FS6 wings, flown in a 3 fus with 4 tails. Which was looking really good too, an FS6.3.4?!

• Like 1

Great day out after the prolonged spell of lousy weather, bonus of being on the bowl slope too. Reasonably happy with the fs6 wings on my old 4.3 setup, and pb2 not too shabby either. Fingers crossed for the final meet in a couple of weeks. 🤞

• Like 1

Congratulations to Mark on winning the comp 👏. Peter for 2nd, & to Paul on finishing 3rd  👍 

Great to hear of a successful & very enjoyable comp, congrats to the organisers & all who competed. 👍

Stu. 

paul garnett

Excellent day, wow it was full on but very enjoyable, flew my old Proton, really starting to get to grips with it now, is it really that old! Congrats to  all, some really good flying that kept us all on our game, all mistakes get punished with so few competitors, 

Mark R and Peter G flying them FS6 and FS6-4/3 hybrid, very nice, very nice.

Only one cut for me on what was probably the best air I got..I take risks!! Peter pipped me to second but wow it was close considering we flew 17 rounds,  that's how it should be.

Thanks to Peter again for the videos, I can see the mistakes, but now know how to fix them.

Mark R's 31s . just sublime.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, oipigface said:

No. It’s not. Mark famously flew nothing but sub-30’s one day at the Bwlch 3 or 4 years ago!

Sorry wrong Mark

Hi All

Last round of the Northern Winter League has been CANCELLED!

Lets hope  things improve quickly and we can get back to our version of normal  🙂

Jon

• Like 1