Best slope model for a kid

Brett82

You can get a device that lets you install two receivers into the same airframe controlled by two completely different transmitters, one of which can be the master and pass control to the other at the flick of a switch.

It is quite a bulky item and obviously needs space for it and two receivers but I think there is room in the Avoncaft Cub. (I started with one of those myself!)

Thanks Tony.

Looks interesting but I'm hoping by the time he moves from the wing to the Cub he wont need a buddy box.

Brett

I just stood behind my kids and tapped them on the appropriate shoulder to tell them which way to turn. 
when it all went wrong I just grabbed the tranny and saved the model from hitting the deck then climbed it back to height and let them have control again. It worked well. 

Brett.

If you want i can let you have a Lidl glider. FOC inc P+P. My dad who had bought two recently had a stroke (recovering well though) and I'm in the process of tidying the house up. If you PM me your address, once I have some time, I'll get it sent over to you.

18 minutes ago, Dave Elam said:

Brett.

If you want i can let you have a Lidl glider. FOC inc P+P. My dad who had bought two recently had a stroke (recovering well though) and I'm in the process of tidying the house up. If you PM me your address, once I have some time, I'll get it sent over to you.

Thanks Dave

You are actually the second person to offer me one. Thanks anyway but I am sorted.

I'm sure there may be someone else with a kid looking to learn that may be more than willing to jump in.

I appreciate the offer mate, really awesome community we have within model flying. 

Brett 

I've got one of those Lidl gliders and plan to convert it to RC.

Not wanting to cut it up though I'm thinking of some kind of weight shift affair! 

Hi Bret ,got a sky surfer you can have for £60 ready to go with lipo,s , stay up all day with it   power or not ,flat or slope wherever when ever , needs a new horn on 1 aileron ...fly,s it,s selve when trimmed !

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, abbof3f said:

Hi Bret ,got a sky surfer you can have for £60 ready to go with lipo,s , stay up all day with it   power or not ,flat or slope wherever when ever , needs a new horn on 1 aileron ...fly,s it,s selve when trimmed !

Thanks Abbo but I'm sorted now for models for him. 

I dont have enough receivers for all the planes I have been offered, lol. 

I appreciate the offer though, thanks.

Brett

• Like 1

Brett,

I have an Easyglider in the attic if you's interested.  Fairly well used and battered but still flyable.  It's what I learned my sloping on.

Jerry

• Like 1

Subject title "Best slope model for a kid".

Totally pointless other than as a bit of fun, but (tongue in cheek) the subject title makes me wish I hadn't had a vasectomy now. But then again, I have too many models already.