Gooner1963

Staufenbiel cheetah r

Gooner1963

Hi, I've just ordered one of these for £229 pnp, with esc, it runs on 3s, I'm planning on putting a 60amp esc and a smaller prop and running on 4s, I just wondered if anyone has an opinion of these as I'm fairly new to gliders and the like, it seems like a good price to me 

Baldyslapnut

Hi,

It will go well.

We are going to introduce a new class next year for hotliners and the suggested plane will be:

https://www.lindinger.at/en/airplanes/models/gliders/topmodel-nike-evo-elektro-mit-grp-rumpf-und-styro-balsa-tragflaeche

Your plane looks similar.

One of the problems with hotliners  is you get used to the performance you want more.

Greg

Baldyslapnut

SilentPilot

Total sacrilege not trying to thermal in that sky!!!

Liked the sound though. The whoosh as they go past in a high speed glide is more Turbine like than an EDF :D

Baldyslapnut

Great fun to fly.

These warm liners are a good starting point and offer good performance for the price.

When there is no wind on the slope you can practice on the flat field.

A top spec F5B plane will do close to 200mph. Is fullyaerobatic and when your drop the flaps will climb in a thermal almost as well as a F5J model.

People who have never seen them fly find it hard to believe the flight envelope. 

Hobby King has sold a good number of planes. So there must be a good number of people in the UK with the Excalibre.

Gooner1963

I've got an excalibur, for the price they are very good, 

Baldyslapnut

They are a very good.

Are you just going to sport fly it. Do you fancy a a go at the F5B Hotliner class. If so you are welcome to come over and have a go when I am practicing at Thame.

Greg