Mikey69

ICare Fazer 3m F3J Glider with ballast

Mikey69

Ill health is forcing me to reluctantly downsize my hangar because i'm just not getting out to the slopes. Next to go is my I Care Fazer 3m unpowered glider, which i bought from a good slope buddy of mine last year. I've seen him fly it several times, and i flew it myself on the day i bought it. It's a lovely flying model. It's in good flying condition, but, it has seen better days. There's been a good bandage repair the the rear of the fuselage.  There's some very minor repairs around the wing seat. The wings have been partially repainted in the past to a good standard on top. The bottom of wings are a bit scruffy in places, but again painted to a pretty good standard. The glider is good and strong. I was intending to repaint the whole model at some point. This is a great cheap entry into 3m slope gliders. £300.00 with ballast included.

IMG_5841.jpg

IMG_5843.jpg

IMG_5847.jpg

IMG_5848.jpg

IMG_5853.jpg

IMG_5854.jpg

IMG_5857.jpg

IMG_5862.jpg

Marc RC pilot

Lovely looking bird Mikey 👍

As a mater of interest, what does she thermal like/flat flying?

Mikey69

Hi Marc,

It is really nice. I wasn't intending to sell it, but given my circumstances i have to act. I've an attic full of unflown models!

I've only ever flown it once at the slope and that was on the day of purchase from my flying buddy. I'd seen him slope it a few times, but never flat field. The fella i bought it from  used to do flat feild/bungee launch, etc. and he told be that it was a great thermal model. When i flew it the conditions were very light and the Fazer flew very very well compared to other models that were being flown on the day - including my own! I also bought an MTI Cobra from him a little later on. In lighter conditions he'd fly both without ballast. in better conditions he'd fully ballast to get them moving, at which point they would screech along the slope! He taught me to use 'thermal, normal, and speed' flight conditions every flight. In thermal the Fazer went up like an express elevator!, even in light conditions. In 'speed' mode he would drop it in from a dive along the slope and it would screech past! (i love that heh heh). I nearly got to fly it at the slope a couple of weeks ago, but unfortunately i felt unwell whilst driving to the slope and had to come home. So i never got to fly it 😞 Now you know everyhing i do! Cheers, Mike

satinet

The fazer was an f3j model. 

Marc RC pilot

Thanks for the right up Mike, much appreciated.  Sorry t o hear you are not feeling well, I do hope things work out for you.

It really is a fabulous looking sailplane...Just looks "right"....

If I wasn't so far away from you I would be knocking on your door for a look-see like a rat up a drain pipe (with your permission of course) with the intention of buying it :) 

Ultimately I will be after/am researching for a 3m thermal/sports type sailplane and your Frazer seems to fit the bill (It also fits within my £350 budget that I am putting aside for one)…

Good luck with the sale and I wish you a speedy recovery/good luck.

Cheers

Marc 

BTW, what servos are installed in her?

And thanks satinet for F3j model clarification 👍

Mikey69

Hi Satinet,

thanks for the updated info,

Mike

Mikey69

Hi Marc,

No worries. Always happy to help people when i can. Thanks for your kind words regarding my current health. Much appreciated.

it is a very cool sailpane. it's got really nice lines, as it were. I wish i could have flown it last time i tried, but alas no joy! I hope you find a suitable model. Just a matter of time i think.

Thanks for your enquiry,

Cheers, Mike