Tony

WANTED - Radio Controlled Thermal Soaring by George S

Tony

Hi All

The original one with the big red glider on the cover please. Lost mine many moons ago and fancy a good read. They're going for £20 on e bay so I'd rather line a members pockets. In good nick if you have one please.

Cheers, Tony

Nicholls

Nostalgia! - Only have the one with yellow glider on front had a quick look at it and couldn't have let it go anyway! Good luck with you r search.

Jef Ott

Got one here. PM me please.

IMG_20191109_160736_6.jpg

Tony

PM sent, cheers

Mikeb52

Is that the great Bernie Henwood on the cover? 

• Sad 1

EssexBOF
15 minutes ago, Mikeb52 said:

Is that the great Bernie Henwood on the cover? 

Yes and he passed away this yearI think

Jef Ott

PM Sent back Tony :)

Mikeb52

Yes, he did bless him. I remember reading about Bernie with his stiletto and I think Alan Cooper with the hatchet man, back in the day. Aluminium tube joiners, back then, very cutting edge. I believe they were both members of the Sheffield club. 

Mikeb52

I mean spars!

Just now, Mikeb52 said:

Yes, he did bless him. I remember reading about Bernie with his stiletto and I think Alan Cooper with the hatchet man, back in the day. Aluminium tube joiners, back then, very cutting edge. I believe they were both members of the Sheffield club. 

Jef Ott

PM Sent back, Tony.

I need to know your address! 

Tony

PM back Jef and ta very much. Never knew the man but followed him in the magazines just for interests sake I bought a plane the other week off Roger Pullen he'd given the hobby up for 40 years came back and it didn't suit. Anyways I'm stocking up on some Ovaltine and getting the Winter warmers out so I can sit down and have a good read when the Thermal Bible arrives or is that the Dave Hughes one that I also lost donkey's ago as well!

Tony
2 hours ago, Mikeb52 said:

SHEFFIELD CLUB. I remember them as being at the cutting edge of Thermalling in the day, think that's a new word lol. Interesting factoid most of anything good with regards just about owt comes from Sheffield and I have no idea why but it does and I'm a Lancashire bloke thro' and thro'. Apart from luvin' anything to do with anything that flies I also climbed things, skied on things and rode on things for a living until 51 and the only people who were always better than me were from Sheffield!

• Like 2

Jef Ott

Don't have anything by Dave Hughes, but I do have a Dave Thornburg book, "Old Buzzard's Soaring Book" which taught me a great deal, if you're interested.

IMG_20191109_210253_1CS.jpg

Tony

Never seen this one before Jef if you can spare her I'll take her

oipigface
15 hours ago, Jef Ott said:

Don’t have anything  by Dave Hughes

I’ve got a copy of his Slope Soaring book, but I’m not contemplating selling it. I love the chapter about mechanical mixing too much for that.

• Like 1

gyronuts

I have not seen either book but would be interested to have them if anyone has one ., or both , for sale. thanks. Bill

mikef

I have this, it's the, ‘first published 1981', edition.    The name, 'Jack Flint', is hand-written in ink inside the front cover.  It is in good condition.  Price £8, includes 2nd class post to UK.

3DC306C9-AE10-47C9-8915-C4AE4D78338B.jpeg

Tony

I'm ok for the time being thanks as Jef has me sorted for two, Georges' big red one I asked for originally and now the 'Old Buzzards'.

So please keep the thread going if you need some written stuff.

Falcon37

Are there any other ‘Old Buzzards Soaring book’ needing a home?
thanks