Sign in to follow this  
Tony

Immaculate AVALON full house swop

Tony

Hi All

I bought this off Brett on the other forum for £550 last year. It was and is in immaculate condition. I have never flown her but she now has new Hyperflight wing bags, 2 x 1800Mah 4S Tattu lipos, Hyper Spinner, Hyper 14 x 10 props, and a new 77esc. Plus lots more. Everything is as or it's all new, mainly the latter. I honestly can say you won't see anything better. I wouldn't sell her for less than £650, she is that good. I will post pictures only weather permitting and hopefully next week.

I will never probably fly her for two reasons, my Club field is too small and I haven't got many seasons flying left, the latter is the main one lol. So I would rather fly something I've always wanted while I can instead of admiring this engineering feat of modelling magic. 

I would like something semi modern I could winch safely and maybe a big  old nostalgia that I could gently winch. Not to far off my mystery glider I've just got or something similar to Steve Haley and his Fathers' models. Easy flying, relaxing nothing too precise to set up but no rubbish please, not that anyone would offer it but I just want to be clear from the start. Nothing that needs lugging up hills either please.

Open to all offers, splits, cash differences or anything else for that matter! The only aim is to fly and fly something nice and iconic with a bit of character if possible. I will include the chair and flask!

Get yourself a cracking model for this Christmas.

Cheers, Tony

SilentPilot

I’ve yet to lookup exactly what an Avalon is but I’m willing to offer a Pike WR which goes up winches nice and a 4m R/E model that also has a hook though wouldn’t want to Winch that. Reserved only for milder type bungee/hi-starts.

I could maybe offer up the Winch too. Hopefully get the cash top up to a manageable level :D 

Oops sorry. Not meant to post that. I meant to save and close the window while I looked up an Avalon!

SilentPilot

Something like this? 😍

451CC42A-4425-41FB-8CF3-CBC813B4DDE2.jpeg

Tony

Lol no worries. Avalon is a Super Ava Pro with Ailerons at 3.7 or 3.8m depending on the info available on the net. It's not just a Super Ava Pro with ailerons though it's designed specifically. Very easy to fly, I have flown one once before but not my one, huge presence. mine weighs in at 1800 grams, this is not heavy for this plane and it will glide forever. It's just not the latest mouldie out there but it is a brilliant model. Without going and finding all my spec sheets I'm running a HET 2W with a Konotronik gearbox, suitable size spinner(s) 3 sets of blades (New),  Jeti 44 and Jeti 77 (New) esc, ultra  guard 430 (New) failsafe back up, two new Tattu 4S 1800's. XT60 connectors. Think it pulls about 600W, again I need my sheets to confirm.

It really does need to go flying as it's a criminal waste just sat here. If I want to fly comps I have enough good 2m models to do this. If I wanted to fly F5J comps then I need more than the one model. I did have a prototype of another model but this went to a forum member a while back.

If anyone wants more specifics etc just drop me a line but I'm at the hospital for most of tomorrow so it'll be tomorrow evening or more than likelt Tuesday morning when I get back to anyone.

Cheers, Tony

Tony
10 minutes ago, SilentPilot said:

Something like this? 😍

451CC42A-4425-41FB-8CF3-CBC813B4DDE2.jpeg

Similar but red and white plus a 14 x 10 prop

Tony

I have a winch thanks so don't need one. Cheers

SilentPilot

I am interested!

Hope all goes well for you and speak with you soon :) 

shayne

Tony,  I have a 2 meter Whisper Performance (in green) Kevlar and carbon full house glider with a winch hook already fitted.

These retail at £539 empty, it has quality MG servos all round, in immaculate condition, I don't get to the coast to glide it any more.

As new, in budget bag.  I see you have many 2m gliders but if this floats your boat, let me know

Regards

Shayne

Tony

Sorry for the delays gents but have been extremely busy this week. I will post pics tomorrow with accurate details etc. I'm not being ignorant but today is my fourth hospital appointment in a week. That's a first if there ever was one!

Tony

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

JDB

Hi Tony, very interested, would like to see , photos whenever your ready no rush 

regards 

Tony

Well things haven't quite gone to plan last week up until now. Went to hospital on Friday for an appointment comes home then at 2.45am woke up with a temperature of 41 and vomiting. Not the best of mornings lol. Anways back to hospital this time with flashing blue lights to be told I have pneumonia in my right lung. Just been discharged this evening but not out of the woods quite yet but touch wood I'm on the mend.

So, apologies for not getting my act together on sorting some pics out but I did have a genuine reason! 

Many thanks for the PM's from some members, really appreciated.

Hopefully I can get my act together and sort some pics out. More than likely they'll be done indoors as I need to keep out of the elements for a week.

Cheers, Tony

• Like 1

pete beadle

Hi Tony

Thanks for letting us know

PLEASE don't put your recovery at risk by worrying about what WE need you to do.......listen to your doctor, listen to your nurses and DO WHAT YOU'RE TOLD!:yes:

Now stop thinking of us and start concentrating on yourself, OK? We can wait......

Very best wishes for a quick recovery........soon be Christmas mate!:thumbsup::) 

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702

• Like 1