f3fisa

Drone Assist and NFZ

Mark Evans
3 hours ago, Steve J said:

They still have to comply with the law.

There is a 400ft height limit unless you have permission from the CAA. 

I’m on my way out the hobby but even so I’m still thoroughly confused, I thought BMFA members had the 400 foot limit lifted? Or is is back in place? 

satinet
5 minutes ago, Mark Evans said:

I’m on my way out the hobby but even so I’m still thoroughly confused, I thought BMFA members had the 400 foot limit lifted? Or is is back in place? 

If you are a bmfa member you have permission from the CAA to fly over 400feet (as long as the model is under 7kg etc).

• Like 1

pete beadle

Hi Tom and SP

You're quite right, the average PC doesn't know every twist and turn of the law, but he DOES know where to go to get the info he needs to do his job

The thing most of the general public don't really understand is that police officers are not paid by results - in the main they are there to keep the peace and to help prevent crime, simply being visible when on post helps to do that, they are NOT there due to their having a comprehensive knowledge of the law, that's a bonus not a prerequisite

They know their job, they do it well and they are grateful for the public's help......they're not there to be a "do nothing know-all"

The main thing they know is what to do in a given circumstance, and how  to use their time wisely and to the best effect - we're the ones that are  having unreasonable expectations - come on guys, give them a break!:yes::thumbsup:

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702

Steve J
5 minutes ago, Mark Evans said:

I thought BMFA members had the 400 foot limit lifted?

There is a 400ft limit unless you have permission from the CAA. The BMFA, LMA, SAA & FPVUK have such a permission.

Sorry to see you going. I would suggest just putting your stuff to one side for six months in case you change your mind rather than selling it now.

• Like 1

Mark Evans

Thanks guys.

i need a little break anyway, I’ll be back, and even while I’m gone my memberships will still all be kept up to date for when I do return. 

SilentPilot

How much for your iX12? 

:D

• Haha 1

Mark Evans

I don’t own one. 

SilentPilot

Thought you did...

Already gone? 

Mark Evans

Got rid of it quite a while ago, I don’t like Android. 

Anyway, back on topic.