Quantum F3F

Brett82

Redbird
6 hours ago, Brett82 said:

Hey buddy, I used to play ruby so being tackled is nothing new. lol. 

We had a chat and we are going to change it, it was supposed to be a link to the Quantum's but obviously we dont want to offend anyone. We have sent it to Mark to change but I dont think the application on GBSRA will update, I think it will only change for the comp.

Regarding the Quantum, I haven't had as much success as Les so far. Ive not flown much lately and the one time I did take it with me I made the school boy error of having the ailerons reversed. So the moment Les launched I tried to correct a wing going up, only the correction went the wrong way and it ended up rolling over and diving straight into the ground like a javelin. Thank heavens the ground was soaked so the nose went straight in, no damage at all. I changed the settings on the radio and had a flight but because I felt like I was rushed and after the crash I didnt enjoy it. Also, because I was rushed, not all the settings were right and I only realised I had almost no aileron movement with full crow, so that made the landing even more stressful. 

Since then I have only flown once and as it was +40mph winds so I didnt take it with me. Hopefully soon, I want it ready for the Summer league comps. 

Very frustrating but you'll have it whistling soon no doubt. Good luck Brett.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brett82

• Les

• Phil.Taylor

• Andy_B

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They must be washing the windows at the Gliding Club today then Mike.

Had a great day with the first flight of my Quantum.  Really impressed how good it was straight away.  Did a few fine tweaks on the elevator and snap flap and got it fly on rail. Very f

Incoming...  The first two (UK owned) Quantum's are currently in transit and due to arrive in the UK this week. Both are double C80 carbon versions for stiffness and lightness.  Below are so

Posted Images

Andy_B

Well the second owner maiden was less stressful  than the first ...... pleased overall 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2