•    1 minute "No flight time" before every window

•    Drop after 12 rounds

•    Only 3 targets in Poker task

•    3 new tasks, 1 old task gone

https://www.fai.org/sites/default/files/documents/sc4_vol_f3_soaring_20.pdf

• Like 2

Neil Harrison

5.7.11.4. Task D (Two flights)
 Each competitor has two (2) flights. These two flights will be added together. The maximum accounted single flight time is 300 seconds. Working time is 10 minutes.

5.7.11.12 Task L (One flight)
During the working time, the competitor may launch his model glider one single time. The
maximum flight time is limited to 599 seconds (9 minutes 59 seconds).
Working time: 10 minutes.

5.7.11.13 Fly-off Task M (Increasing time by 2 minutes “Huge Ladder”)
Each competitor must launch his/her model glider exactly three (3) times to achieve three (3) target times as follows: 3:00 (180 seconds), 5:00 (300 seconds), 7:00 (420 seconds). The targets must be flown in the increasing order as specified. The actual times of each flight up to (not exceeding) the target time will be added up and used as the final score for the task. The competitors do not have to reach or exceed the target times to count each flight time.
Working time: 15 minutes.

Neil Harrison

Small ladder task, increasing time of 15sec is deleted 

Mark Evans

Does that mean 12 rounds have to be flown before you can drop your worst?

I’m guessing no more dropped rounds for you guys since you don’t usually get that many rounds in? Or can the rules be changed for 1 day comps?

mikef

These rules are written for competition at World and European Championships (so they have to be 'hard')and it’s therefore logical to use them to pick teams for GBR to send to these major events.  Under these rules you will only drop your worst score after  12 rounds.

'Other' DLG Events, in theory, could  use any rules they chose to but it makes sense to work consistently.  I would rather see the full rules flown 'locally' - perhaps with the emphasis on the ‘easier' tasks.

We use the best 4 of 6-8 events to pick a team so this allows for pilots to have 'off-days'.

• Like 1

Neil Harrison

I like the look of these changes, particularly the 3 new tasks...be very interesting as this has the possibility to make for a better spectacle.

Richard Swindells

I really like the new tasks too. Very much focused on a pilots ability to read the ground signals and catch multiple thermals. I think they will improve the spread of scores, particularly for the top pilots. 

Much better than lots of short flights that have more focus on turn around skill. 

Hoping to make a couple of comps this year to try them out

• Like 1