Going to try something new in 2020

Baldyslapnut

10 hours ago, DaveH said:

What extra kit (GPS & RF link) will be typical for an F5J type entrant?    (I read that there is kit that integrates with JETI, but what of non Jeti radios).

Is the GPS data (position/speed/height) monitored by a timer/helper, the pilot or other... 

Dave.  

I have started a new thread to address this

Simon

• 1 month later...

So things are now moving forward. Plane has arrived from Baudis.

After a few false starts with the weather Dave Woods and I managed to grab a few hours up at Ivinghoe Beacon to test fly the DNA Racer.

It was cold and the wind was almost South Westerly so not great lift.

All went well and Dave has kindly put a video together of the planes maiden. One click of down required after launch. It was blowing close to 35 mph at the time. 

We are now ready to go GPS  flying. We tested all the GPS kit and it was working well.

A big thank you to Dave Woods and Steve Burns for helping me get the plane in the air. The GPS kit is still developing and Dave has been developed excellent knowledge on getting it operating properly.. Steve was a huge help with the install.

Also thank you to Bernie  at esoaring gadgets for all the support getting the RC Electronics GPS kit up and running.

I will write up how the first efforts go at flying the course

Greg

• Like 3