Nic8

Frysky G-rx8

Nic8

A quick question,  I am thinking of buying  a Frsky G-rx8 receiver, does anyone know if the  receiver  has ipex4 connector antennas on it   ? thinking might need to put a longer one on.

Mark Evans

The clips are the same ones used on the G-RX6 and the RX4/6, not sure what name they are but they are the smaller ones. 

Edit: yeah, ipex4

Nic8

Thanks Mark

Nic8

Hi does anyone know if this receiver can produced read outs in feet, instead of meters please ?

cirrusRC

Yes,  but its handled by the Transmitter.   On my Taranis X9D,  within OpenTX from the telemetry screen for the altimeter you can change the units meters / feet.

Nic8

cheers, I am new to Taranis  and open tx.

Nic8

I now have my G-rx8, does anyone know if there is a fix to the ALT and VERIO read outs, from randomly  changing while stationary.

Plus I would like the figures to show on my telemetry page, any help please.

cirrusRC

Performs better outside vs indoors.    Can sometimes take a few minutes to stabilise based on temperate and pressure.     It will fluctuate a bit though.         These RX also suffer from a drift issue  (if you leave model on the ground for an hour,  you will likely see the alt reading slowly drift).    Most people reset the telemetry on every launch  ( mine is tied to my launch switch for DLG).   Bottom line they are not perfect - use them as a general guide.   The separate HP vario by Frsky is better but requires more space as a separate unit.

Take a look at the video here.    You can have an audible read out using a switch.  You can have vario tones  or a textual read out on the TX screen.

Nic8

Thanks,  just from a basic range test, it has far better signal strength compared to my X8R with whisker antennas. I've also sbus linked in a XM+.

FrankS
17 hours ago, Nic8 said:

I now have my G-rx8, does anyone know if there is a fix to the ALT and VERIO read outs, from randomly  changing while stationary.

Plus I would like the figures to show on my telemetry page, any help please.

Remember the alt and vario are measuring air pressure (like every other vario not just Frsky) and if the air pressure changes it will report this as a change in height, so if you are in a room where the air pressure can change, e.g. opening/closing a door then this will cause the reading to change.  

• Like 1