New F3K Co-ordinator required.

mikef

I aim to run down my F3K involvement this year so please start thinking about someone to take over.

mikef

I will write down the tasks I have been covering - there are ways they could be split to make it easier.

carlosds

Mike, although I completely understand you are wanting to wind down your F3K involvement, it does make me sad. All that you have done for us and the sport is phenomenal. Besides that though, it's just great to have you with us. It won't be the same without you.

• Like 2

Mike - your efforts to keep the league running smoothly in the couple of years I've been competing have been appreciated.

I'd really hate to see the opportunity to compete disappear due to the lack of someone to coordinate the league so I'm willing to put some effort into this process. Its not clear exactly what is required and I may be lacking knowledge needed (especially around how the league interacts with BARCS and BMFA), but I'm willing to contribute. Perhaps we can put some shared online resources together to make it more of a collaborative effort?

If you can share information about whats involved as you've suggested then we can look at the best way to approach this.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
mikef

I have completed a job description and I have it out for review with the BMFA SFTC.  I hope to put it up here in a week or two.

Note added 2/3/20.  I also sent the JD round the BARCS committee.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
mikef

After a delay - blame my February Free-Flight Holiday in California - here's the Job Description as it stands.  Comments/questions welcome - have I left anything out?

There have been two offers so far to take on this role.  I suggest that interested parties have a chat about this at the Easter Meeting.

F3K League Coordinator JD V1.pdf

• Thanks 1
  • 7 months later...
mikef

Time to bring this subject up again.

There was some interest shown earlier in the year by folks prepared to take this job on, or at least help with parts of it.  The time has come to get an F3K Coordinator nomination in for the AGM to vote on.  Post here or PM if you are still interested in all or part of the job.

I am happy to answer questions or expand on the Job Description I published above.  It is now time to decide if we want to run a Eurotour event in 2021 (pandemic permitting) it will need rapid action to get the admin done in time.  Then there is next year's calendar to sort out.

• 4 weeks later...
mikef

I have to apologise for not updating this thread.  In case you missed the news, Neil Harrison volunteered to be your new F3K Coordinator and he has been co-opted onto the BARCS committee.  He comes up for formal election in December at the Zoom AGM so don't forget to vote for him.

I am not going to vanish and I have put myself forward for re-election to the Committee for 2021, with no special responsibilities.

Paul R has offered to help Neil out on some aspects and I'm sure Neil would welcome volunteer CDs etc. for next season.

• Like 3