Multiplex Alpina Canopy & Tail

Simon

Good afternoon all.

I have finally managed to pick up an Alpina after many years of searching. However it is missing the canopy and tailplanes/stabs. A long shot but might anyone have a canopy or stabs? I have a Mike Trew ASW17 canopy coming from Sarik which I believe is close...  But does anyone have any stabs or know what section they are and I'll get some cut if I can get the outside dims or a trace as well.

Thanks very much

Hi Simon.

I have just been given an Alpina ( old shape ) which is complete but the canopy is a bit on the tatty side . Perhaps if you get offered more than one or find a way round it perhaps you could let me know . 

I can do an outside trace of the tails if needed, but the section may be a bit more difficult as each side has one joiner glued in though Im sure I could get round it if needed.

By the way there is a new kit of one on Ebay at the moment but its quite pricy. 

Good luck

Barry

IMG_0021.JPG

IMG_0023.JPG

• Like 1

Hi Barry, thanks for the reply. I have an ASW17 canopy coming from Sarik which is supposed to be very close, we shall see. I will have to tint it and make a frame for ut. I have found out from pictures of the EBay one that the tail is NACA009 section, so that's a start. The outside profile is still elusive, maybe I could send you a sheet of A3 and a pencil!

Hi Simon.

My weekend got away from me but here are your Alpina tail measurements. Span 364mm. Root chord 122mm. Tip chord 82mm. The trailing edge is straight with all the 40mm of taper on the leading edge. It is a German aeroplane so obviously it is all metric.

That's great, many thanks.

The canopy arrived this morning, so apart from the canopy frame I'm home and dry. I just need the wind now.

Cheers

You will not need much of that. The Alpina is very efficient and will soar in very little wind.

The 2mm rear wire is 39.5mm from the trailing edge and the 3mm front wire is 79.5mm from the trailing edge.