Wanted: Weather.

wookman

On 30/01/2020 at 23:43, Big Si said:

Can you have it there for mid day tomorrow as I want to test fly my Blade 1.5 DS

Looks like I will have the wind I need to get it in the air but some sun and warm always comes in handy 😉

Well we had the wind we had the sun ...... just no big Si 

064E2084-BAAD-4787-8CA3-156C6EAE79CC.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On ‎01‎/‎02‎/‎2020 at 20:11, Andy_B said:

Well we had the wind we had the sun ...... just no big Si 

064E2084-BAAD-4787-8CA3-156C6EAE79CC.jpeg

Well I did get my test flight done Friday and I was very lucky to do so,sat in the car while the rain came down then it cleared and I got 30 mins flying in lovely sun as the rain and very low cloud went all around and over me (2 clicks of down and that as it )

was very strange as if I went over 100ft up it vanished into the cloud yet below that was nice and sunny

then spent the day on the Orme from 10 till 3ish with my Mate Kev flying my mini Vec and Blade while he flew his 1.9m Blade

was just the 2 of us all day and the wind was 24mph in the morning then by 2.30 it was over 50 mph

seems there were a few up sat and it was just shy of 100mph and they flew

not to sure I would in that with out the Blade full of ballast lol

sooner them than me

but did get a good amount of flying in and its looking rather good on the Orme Friday & Saturday this week so will be there again 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

must admit to being a bit despondent with the weather.

I managed a couple of days last Weds/Thurs of maiden & trim flight on new Odyssey 2.7m when it was dead still so not a lot of height off the bungee, and just getting back into flying so taking it gently.

Since then it's blown a hooly and no sign of it calming down for at least a week😟

Shooting season finished, Trout Syndicate closed til March, s'pose I'll just have to do some housework🥴

If you don't like the wind its not the best at the moment that's for sure

Started to build my New 2 piece wing Toro today but Me thinks could be a while till I get to try it LOL ( Thanks Neil its gorgeous )

Me and a Mate are going to see if we can get up Stretton tomorrow for a fly 17-27 so nice but with a wind chill of -9 so that I am not to keen on but will wrap up as best as i can and give it a go as not going to be beat 🙂 

He hopes to test fly his Stormbird as well so should be fine for that as well

• 1 month later...