Marc RC pilot

Balsa/ply bits and bobs online supplier ?

Marc RC pilot

Good morning. I am after some spare balsa/ply wood for things like servo mounting/small repairs etc. 

Any recommendations of where to buy from?

Thanks 

pete beadle

Hi Marc RC pilot

IMO you'll never find an online supplier for what you are needing, personally, I think your best bet is to speak to whoever is advertising the sale of all all his kit as he's giving up the hobby, or anyone that is clearing out the effects of a deceased flyer, as I have just done.  If you had made this request a fortnight ago, I could have given you a metre long cardboard box filled to the brim with unused wood, ply, accessories, bits of Solarfilm and suchlike......as it is, that went in the bin.......BTW this is NOT ghoulish, people doing clearances for others always have these boxes available, and would be glad to pass them on to someone like yourself who'd give them a good home......just ask the advertiser, he'd very probably welcome your call, and thank you for taking this stuff away......I know I would have.......

BTW I still have a Goldberg Gentle Lady, a Veron Impala, a Ben Buckle 82" model, I think is a Majestic Major, ideal for an electric conversion, and a cabin cruiser complete with stand, to dispose of from my clearance, if anyone wants any of these, collection from NW London and a small donation will secure, PM me if anyone is interested won't you?

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702

• Thanks 1

Marc RC pilot

Thanks for the heads up Pete. Good plan/advice,  thx

Some classic planes there and a very kind offer to all 👍   :)  

Sorry if dumb question, but what is the "cabin cruser" ?  

pete beadle

Hi Marc

It's an electric "pond cruiser" a semi scale cabin cruiser type, wooden model about a metre in length, complete with brushed electric motor and stand "ready to use" -

see attached

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702

boat pics 001.JPG

boat pics 006.JPG

Marc RC pilot

Pretty cool Pete! thx :) 

Marc RC pilot

Thank you Jef 

👍

• Like 1

thermaldoctor

Yes balsa cabin very good. Also Sarik hobbies plus inwood plus SLEC plus blackburn models. These can all be recommended. Sarik and balsa cabin in particular. All have been around for years.

• Thanks 1

BigT
On 12/02/2020 at 09:20, pete beadle said:

Hi Marc RC pilot

IMO you'll never find an online supplier for what you are needing, personally, I think your best bet is to speak to whoever is advertising the sale of all all his kit as he's giving up the hobby, or anyone that is clearing out the effects of a deceased flyer, as I have just done.  If you had made this request a fortnight ago, I could have given you a metre long cardboard box filled to the brim with unused wood, ply, accessories, bits of Solarfilm and suchlike......as it is, that went in the bin.......BTW this is NOT ghoulish, people doing clearances for others always have these boxes available, and would be glad to pass them on to someone like yourself who'd give them a good home......just ask the advertiser, he'd very probably welcome your call, and thank you for taking this stuff away......I know I would have.......

BTW I still have a Goldberg Gentle Lady, a Veron Impala, a Ben Buckle 82" model, I think is a Majestic Major, ideal for an electric conversion, and a cabin cruiser complete with stand, to dispose of from my clearance, if anyone wants any of these, collection from NW London and a small donation will secure, PM me if anyone is interested won't you?

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702

PM Sent

Stormeflyer

Pete

There is a sight for sore eyes, a Fairey Swordsman. I remember fondly in the days when I was a failed flyer..............come to think of it at times I’m still a;................. never mind! 

pete beadle

Hi Stormeflyer

Thanks for identifying the cabin cruiser

It went to a good home about a week ago, the new owner might well be interested in what it is, I'll let him know

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702

• Like 1