Marc RC pilot

Surface Deflection Indicator recommedations

Marc RC pilot

Looking for something cheap and cheerful for future setup use other than cardboard and sticky tape :)

Something like this perhaps? (it cost about £15)

image.png.c35a226a68bcfc6b789c9a35589261b5.png

Thanks 

SilentPilot

I just use a ruler!

Measure from centre to top and bottom, either eyeball an extended level or tilt the ruler to touch the surface, it doesn’t matter which way you measure as long as you’re consistent. 

We’re only really making sure things are even on either side :)

Stormeflyer

It’s merely a pendulum, simply attach the peg and zero the protractor

CF47B001-A18E-46A2-8537-D9A9E81CFBA9.jpeg

• Like 1

taggarc

Have one of the above from Hobbyking - cost very little but more trouble than it is worth to me  - easier to set-up  with a ruler 

oipigface

The hi-tech solution. £60 from Nexus Hobbies. Works well.

• Like 2

Stormeflyer

From the Far East 😳

6453DAE7-4FDE-4628-8912-6122E233A8C9.jpeg

John Minchell

I'm still using the gauges that came with one of my Stu Blanchard Calypso's 25years ago, a degree protractor printed out and spray glued onto some cardboard.P1010051.thumb.JPG.84cb0cfed56db426d345085d7d1e7f34.JPG

pete beadle

Hi John

#2!

A word of warning though....I stopped using my MT kit about 10 years ago, because all it seemed to be doing for me was pointing out the slop in my linkages.....following on from that I had a long discussion with a chap on the Beacon last year, between flights, telling me that he'd broken quite a few linkages on his mouldies because they had no slop and therefore no give, before they broke......sadly, another chap mentioned  he'd had to buy two VERY expensive flap servos last year because he'd had to land his pride and joy in high, gusty winds and, by the time he got to his 'plane in the long grass, the howling of his stalled flap servos had stopped and the puff of blue smoke had occurred (two separate instances):( for him a very expensive learning curve.......

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702

oipigface
4 hours ago, tonym said:

I suspect degrees could be made to be mm

On the Digitech device you can set the width of the surface at the point where you want to make the measurement, and it will provide the mm equivalent of the angle.

Marc RC pilot

Thanks for all the replies gentlemen, much appreciated.

Such an interesting variety of devices.  The 3D printed ones look really simple and functional, also like the look of the hi-tech solution...

Marc RC pilot

I was lucky enough to get a set of the 3D printed ones from Tony.  Simple no-frills design that does the job. Marvellous. 

Cheers Tony!

👍