About this forum

Nick Jackson

• Committee Member

Kent Interclub events involve team competition between Kent clubs but many count also for national leagues and all are open entry - non-members are very welcome as long as they carry BMFA insurance. To enter, please 'reply' to competition announcements on this forum. Confirmation / cancellation of competitions will be posted on this forum.

Kent Interclub was formed in the mid 1970s to bring together model clubs in Kent by running both league and cup competitions covering all disciplines of radio control model flying.  

• Like 1

• Austin pinned this topic
  • Committee Member
12 hours ago, Jef Ott said:

Would LMA insurance not be accepted?

Probably best to ask LMA this question as the cover they advise in their hand book is not clear.

They say their members are covered for ‘only personal operation of the model for sport and recreation’

Nothing about cover for flying in competitions.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hi Norman Nick's not available at the moment so here's my answer,

No plans at present but I'm sure it will a discussion item on the AGM agenda in Jan 2021 but I do not know anyone (not necessary means no one else doesn't) in the Kent Area who has built or flown such models.

F3./5RES is discussed under BARCS Forums "Thermal and F3J"

BARCS raised the matter at an EC meeting recently.   "F3/5L (aka F3/5RES). Everyone was happy to support the classes in principle but there were no proposals on the table for ways in which BARCS / SFTC might be of use practically."

Where are you located and which club do you belong to?

• Like 1

Norman Turner

Hi Ian, thanks for the reply.

I belong to Medway Model Flying Club, with Derek price. I flew F3J and open until a few years ago and am slowly getting back into the hobby.

I am hoping to fly F5J next season but just wondered about the 2m class as well as it seems to be gaining popularity in some areas.

Hopefully see you next season.

Norman