Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mikef

2020 F3K LEAGUE Re opened August 8th 2020

Recommended Posts

mikef

Posted August 8th.  The league was suspended from March 24th until August 8th.

08-08-2020.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mikef

At the BARCS comittee yesterday, the running order for Radioglide (May 23-25) was decided and we have F3K on the Monday (two-day F5J on Sat/Sun) - I have amended the calendar at the top of the thread (It showed my guessed day before.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mikef

Bath Spa RCS event confirmed for Sunday July 12th thanks to Paul R's efforts.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Neil Harrison

This is the official statement  issued by the BMFA on 17/03/20

Model flying and the COVID-19 Virus  - News Release 17-3-2020

We have been monitoring the current situation carefully and have been awaiting clear guidance from the Government before making decisions relating to general model flying and BMFA Model flying events, contests and roadshows.

It is clear that the COVID-19 situation is developing rapidly in the UK and members should keep themselves updated on current government and NHS advice.  Please see  https://www.gov.uk/government/topical-events/coronavirus-covid-19-uk-government-response  for the latest information.

Members are advised to follow the precautions provided by the NHS at all times details of which you can find here: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/

 

Model Flying in the club environment 

In general terms model flying represents a low risk activity due to the predominantly outdoor nature of the activity and the opportunity to maintain inter-personal separation. 

At this time, and subject to any updated government advice/instruction, for those who are not unwell there is little reason to curtail outdoor model flying activities in the club environment. The well-being benefits provided by model flying should be balanced by the potential risk and NHS precautions should be followed.

While there is little reason to curtail normal outdoor flying activities, clubs should consider what action to take regarding indoor club meetings and any proposed or scheduled larger events they have planned which, under present guidance, may have to be cancelled or postponed. 

 

BMFA Organised events, contests and roadshows

The BMFA is currently reviewing the status of scheduled events.  Several events/contests are already subject to cancellation including the Swapmeet at BMFA Buckminster, the ASRC Roadshows and the Free Flight Nationals.  Planning for the Power Nationals in August is continuing on the assumption that it will be going ahead, but this will be kept under review. 

Members should keep checking the Contest and Event calendar on the BMFA website for status updates on specific contests and events.  Should contest/event organisers wish to amend/update their entries on the BMFA Calendar, please contact the office or complete the online request form here: https://e-forms.bmfa.org/event-amend. 

 

BMFA Office 

The BMFA Office functions will remain in operation, though the office may not be physically staffed to the usual level and we regret that for the time being we are no longer able to welcome visits from BMFA Members. We have measures in place to ensure that support for members and clubs continues. Please use admin@bmfa.org as the primary means of contact.

Important note:- Please stay at home and do not attend flying sessions, events, contests or meetings if:

you have been in contact with a COVID-19 patient

you are unwell, with a high temperature and/or a new continuous cough

you have serious underlying health issues 

Kind Regards
All at the BMFA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mikef

Neil, thanks for that.  I believe  the BMFA sent that to all members individually  by email yesterday but non-members can see it here now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mikef

Sadly, it doesn't look as if the current problems are going to go away for a while.  Whilst going out in twos or threes into a wide open space to fly locally is OK, formal competitions are a different matter.

In the light of government advice, having people travel long distances to meetings, especially two-day meetings with a social content, overnight stays, pubs and restaurants etc., is not a good idea at the moment.

I've also had a chat with Manny Williamson at the National Centre.

The Easter Meeting is therefore cancelled and other events are in doubt.  Check back here for news.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cirrusRC

gutted :(    Thanks Mike.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PaulR

I'm disappointed as well but I can obviously see the point about the two day events and especially at a shared location like the national centre.

Hopefully we can take a flexible approach to the more purely "field based" events and let everyone take their own view of the level of risk. Of course that may turn out to a be a hopelessly optimistic view and we may see more draconian restrictions on travel etc coming in over the next few weeks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
carlosds

Was secretly very happy my house sitting responsibility was cancelled over the Easter weekend due to no international flights going ahead. It meant I was able to fly in the comp. But alas, it's understandably still not to be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mikef

Given the latest statements from the Government and the BMFA, the BMFA F3K League is suspended until further notice.

As a consequence, at the moment, there are no contests confirmed that will count toward the BMFA F3K League.

I am aware that a team needs to be selected for next year's World Championship.

Stay safe everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mikef

At some point, contests will restart and we need to anticipate the next steps.

There was a discussion at the BARCS AGM Last Saturday.  Some classes (I think F5B was mentioned) have teams selected for 2020 who will not now compete.  These teams will go forward to 2021.  The draft minutes will appear on the Forum in due course.

To avoid confusion, F3K doesn't have a team selected for 2020 (there was no 2020 Eurochamps on the program) so a 2021 team selection is required.  Logically and subject to BMFA confirmation, this will be based on the rump 2020 league when it restarts or contests early next year.

Speaking of restarting, to give some very limited clarity before the Government and BMFA guidelines are changed enough for contests to restart, a sliding 'not before' date will help.   Of course, site owners may have their own reasons to ask us to stay away as well.

The June date at the Malvern Club Field is cancelled - it's less than two weeks away...

I will contact the Twywell field coordinator about the July 4th date but I think it's doubtful due to National guidelines.

The July 12th date at Charmy Down has been cancelled by the host club.

The next possible date after that is the BMFA National Centre Meeting on August 15th and 16th.

I have amended the top post to reflect this thinking.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mikef

A note to confirm that the July 4th Twywell event will not take place due to the continuing pandemic restrictions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PaulR

Mike, given the announcement of the cancellation of all SF nationals on Tuesday, should we also assume that the 15/16th Aug event is also cancelled? Would limiting it to a one day comp make it any more likely to be feasible?

I hope it may still go ahead, especially in light of the general advice on outdoor sports seeming to be that they can be done safely: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/53276717
 

Is it worth a show of hands to see who would be likely to attend if it was still a possibility?

If we did have a venue, an idea of how to run the comp with appropriate distancing and enough interested pilots, then we'd just have the normal worries of wind and rain to think about!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mikef

I'm waiting for advice from the BMFA/National Centre.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mikef

The August 15/16 date is in the BMFA calendar with a, 'check before travel', warning.  The National Centre are happy for up to 30 to attend an event.  The Government have just touched the brakes on the lifting of restrictions and the pandemic is still of serious concern.

There's no point in running anything if nobody will come so let's see what you think.

One possibility is to cut back to one day to avoid the added risk of staying away overnight for most people.  I would hope to leave the choice of day until the weather forecast looks reliable - say until about Thursday 13th.

Please answer three questions (Simple Yes or No preferred)

1  Would you attend if it was a contest(s) NOT counted for team selection?

2  Would you attend if it was a two day event?

3 Would you attend if it was a one day event?

4  Would you attend if it was just a one-day 'fly-in'.

(There are some boxes I'll need to tick before a final decision can  be made.)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PaulR

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Yes - but would prefer to travel up day before

4. Yes   No (might be persuaded)

Thanks for continuing to try to make it happen Mike. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CTR

Yes

Possibly. Don’t think social distancing is an issue, but putting the tent up for one night is a pain. May consider kipping in the car!

Yes

Yes

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MikeDLG

1-4: Yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Martin O

1 Yes

2 Only one of the days

3 Yes

4 Yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thechalster

We start our family holiday on the 16th in north Wales.  

So just Saturday would suit me better.  

But so desperate to fly as I am sure everyone is.  I will say  Yes to all Options and will have to leave ASAP on the Sunday.  

If Sunday was not a league comp I would likely give it a miss. I would attend on Saturday whatever was happening.

mike c. AKA 50m

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.