2020 F3K LEAGUE Re opened August 8th 2020

mikef

I said elite sports but I was incorrect - I believe we are covered by 'sport and recreation rules'.  I think we fit here best...

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-guidance-on-phased-return-of-sport-and-recreation/return-to-recreational-team-sport-framework

Anyway, I don't think the rules have changed in this area - let me know by PM if you have found something I haven't.  Trying to avoid a lot of speculation.

My take on elite sports would be - is there a National league system? Do International competitions happen? Are there regional (National, European, etc.) and World Championship events. Answer yes to these and its elite 🙂

• Like 3

On 10/09/2020 at 11:48, tonym said:

My take on elite sports would be - is there a National league system? Do International competitions happen? Are there regional (National, European, etc.) and World Championship events. Answer yes to these and its elite 🙂

That makes me a elite athlete......true dat.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Paul C creeps into a potential team spot after the ISA event at Hockliffe yesterday.  With three comps flown, 2 count.  If we get a 4th comp in, 3 results will count.  David P is unstoppable now and will go forward to BMFA as a potential team member with two others for the 2021 World Championships in Slovakia - if it happens.

2020 league 21-9.jpg

Top post updated.  The reserve date event was cancelled due to a forecast of more or less continuous rain so the league has finished and the results are as above.

David P, Gavin S and Paul C will be proposed as the 2021 GBR F3K Team next month unless any of them are unable to go.

We wish them luck!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

@mikef I've decided to pass on my place next year.    Mike S is next in line,  having chatted it through with him,  he's agreed to take the place.      Lots of uncertainty next year with Covid,  but let's hope the Worlds go ahead.  It would be pretty cool to have 2 Stern brothers at the WC!   Best wishes to the team.

You mentioned previously about vouchers for the prize money for this year.    Please can you donate any of my prize money to the team coffers.   Or better still put it towards your beer fund.   You of all people deserve something for everything you have done for F3K over the years.

Roll on next season.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that you are not taking up your team place.  I was looking forward to seeing you performing at the Championships - you would do well.

We still have a strong team with Mike S joining in your place.

Thanks for your donation to Team Funds.  (I already have a full beer fund!)

• Like 1

• Austin unpinned this topic
  • 3 months later...
LotusMartin
On 10/03/2020 at 15:28, mikef said:

Bath Spa RCS event confirmed for Sunday July 12th thanks to Paul R's efforts.

Hi Mike, I was pointed to BARCS from the RCGROUPS forum, I'm quite new to F3k, only been flying for 6 months, and am looking for an event in the SW (I'm in north Devon).  Bath isn't too far but this looks like a team selection competition so I'm not sure it suitable?  Is there any more information on these events?  

49 minutes ago, LotusMartin said:

Hi Mike, I was pointed to BARCS from the RCGROUPS forum, I'm quite new to F3k, only been flying for 6 months, and am looking for an event in the SW (I'm in north Devon).  Bath isn't too far but this looks like a team selection competition so I'm not sure it suitable?  Is there any more information on these events?  

Different Mike, but I can answer :) 

Anyone is welcome.  Most of our events are team selection events as they count towards the league score.  But we welcome newbies and will give you all the help you need during the event.  

As long as you can safely launch, fly and land your DLG somewhere near you and you have BMFA membership (therefore insurance), you are more than welcome.  Please don't stress about your abilities.  You will learn a lot at your first event.  

If you can bring a stopwatch that times to at least 1/10 of sec, that will help.  And even better, also a countdown timer for the 10min slots. And if that is all attached to a board that you use to write on score cards, you'll be ahead of the curve.  But don't worry if not, someone can lend you something.  

Keep an eye on the forum in the 2 weeks leading up to the event.  A thread will pop up with more details about entering the event.

It may be far away, but coming to the 2 day come and try event at the BMFA centre will be a great help to you. And should be fun.  

LotusMartin
1 hour ago, MikeDLG said:

Different Mike, but I can answer :) 

Anyone is welcome.  Most of our events are team selection events as they count towards the league score.  But we welcome newbies and will give you all the help you need during the event.  

As long as you can safely launch, fly and land your DLG somewhere near you and you have BMFA membership (therefore insurance), you are more than welcome.  Please don't stress about your abilities.  You will learn a lot at your first event.  

If you can bring a stopwatch that times to at least 1/10 of sec, that will help.  And even better, also a countdown timer for the 10min slots. And if that is all attached to a board that you use to write on score cards, you'll be ahead of the curve.  But don't worry if not, someone can lend you something.  

Keep an eye on the forum in the 2 weeks leading up to the event.  A thread will pop up with more details about entering the event.

It may be far away, but coming to the 2 day come and try event at the BMFA centre will be a great help to you. And should be fun.  

Awesome - thanks Mike!!  Sounds perfect!  I have BMFA and SOAROTX on my FrSky but I've not really played around with the tasks yet - but its on my todo list.  Happy to bring timers/countdown timer - what would you recommend?

Do people usually camp there - are there any facilities or food?

Would REALLY like to head up the the BMFA center, but I'm looking at 5 hours each way which is painful - I'll have a think.