pete beadle

Colour code needed for Xplorer2 white wing top surfaces

pete beadle

Hi Austin

I have had my Xplorer 2 repaired and don't know the shade/colour of the white paint needed on the wing top surfaces

I tried Appliance White but that doesn't look right. Can you help me please?

Regards

Pete 

Austin

Hi Pete,

It will be White – Mazda UC

Regards Austin

heli_bee

Pete,

From the NAN Models website, these are the colours used on their models:

White – Mazda UC
Red – Opel 520
Yellow – Lada 222
Dark blue – RAL 5002
Light blue – Renault 426
Orange – RAL 2009
Green – VW L6P

Regards,

Martin.

pete beadle

Thank you both

I really appreciate this information, and especially your prompt replies

One last thing, what does the UC in Mazda UC stand for please? - not undercoat surely?

Once again, BARCS succeeds where all others fail!:thumbsup:

Thanks and regards

Pete

Nicholls

You can add Crystal white after the Mazda UC 

Jef Ott

When I sprayed my Xplorer wing, I used white undercoat, (one of the many red car paints I have for the lettering) and sprayed lacquer over the top.

Looks OK, even if I say so myself.

EssexBOF

Although we don't want to know what colours match respective airframes, for obvious reasons😒 it would help if a colour chart was available. Some years ago now, seem to remember that most of the popular colour in the RAL list were stated, which was useful. i have found that a local car factors to me, Cars Southern, have matched up nearly everything I have needed. Just as a guide, there evidently 27 shades of Ford Yellow!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pete beadle

Hi all

Thanks very much for the replies and info, I have just purchased 2 rattle cans of" Mazda Crystal White" from my local Mazda agency in North London

I'm intrigued by the fact that, when I was searching on the WWW for "Mazda Crystal White" I noticed several of the posts/replies/ads on there, mention three-part packs made up of the paint, the white primer and the lacquer..... I also saw Jef's mention that he used lacquer......is that purely for auto use do you think? or would my bit of matching and spraying benefit by using lacquer to "finish the job off properly" ? I understand that, in the auto business the lacquer is there to protect the paint but also to get a "proper" gloss finish. I wonder if NAN put a lacquer in their moulds or, perhaps spray it on afterwards.......am I being too picky perhaps? or would it be a better perhaps finish the job off with a coat of (clear) lacquer?

Your views would be much appreciated

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702

satinet

I always finish paint jobs off with clear lacquer.  I flat the colour coat back with very fine grit paper then spray with lacquer. You can then rub this back with a super fine abrasive and polish again with a cutting compound like T-cut. 

I find it gives a harder, longer lasting finish.  I don't know if they use a lacquer coat any more, in production. 

pete beadle

Hi Tom

Thanks for this

Which lacquer to you use? Porzelac?

I was in the car trade for a few years, a long while ago, when I was introduced to T-Cut. At the time the standard process when touching-in cars was to NOT spray the repair with the colour shade it had, until you thoroughly T-cut the panel you were working on. This gave the correct shade for the panel before it had been aged by UV light, and so would match the other undamaged panel(s) when the other panels were T-cut to match. We hardly ever used lacquer to finish the job because it would be a barrier to the underlying original paint. How times have changed!

Thanks and regards

Pete

BARCS1702

satinet

I always use halfords clear lacquer.

• Thanks 1