Please take some time to read through the Site Rules. We trust members to use their common sense and use this site and forums to find and share information. However there is a need for some basic rules which are outlined below.
- Only one account per person is permitted.
- When registering, a valid email address must be used. Disposable email addresses are not permitted. If found, we will remove the account in question.
- BARCS FORUMS is about people and domain names in forum/login names are not allowed.
- Keep all posts on-topic.
- All posts must be in English, any posts not in English will be removed.
- Do not astroturf or pretend to be/represent somebody else. Your account will be deleted if found to be in breach of this rule.
- Do not discuss illegal activities. Our server is hosted in the UK and so is subject to UK law. Please do not expose us to any unnecessary legal liability.
- Any discussion or video about illegal FPV flying should not be posted and will be removed. Please check the extra information regarding FPV at the bottom of this page.
- Check that your question has not been answered anywhere else on the site. Use the search feature.
- Post your comment/question to the most appropriate place. Any posts deemed to be in the wrong forum will be moved. Do not cross-post the same question to multiple places.
- Make sure you have read the parent article/post completely before posting a reply
- Use your own words. If you wish to use the words of somebody else, quote them, citing the source. Plagiarism is unethical and is illegal in many countries.
- Choose an appropriate subject line. Try to summarise the topic briefly in the subject, and elaborate in the message itself. Repeat the subject in the body if it will make things clearer. Do not use all caps and do not add false information just to get attention (e.g. ;read this or you will be arrested;). An example of a bad subject would be "HELP ME". A good subject might be, "Foo crashes when I do bar". Do not use a URL as a thread title.
- Include as much information as you can when seeking help. Nobody will be able to help you if you don't give sufficient detail.
- No useless posts. This includes: Thread bumping, useless one liners, Flame-wars, Trolling and Spamming.
- Thank those who help you. Acknowledgement of a helpful suggestion not only placates those who helped you, it may also help others with a similar problem. All those who have been helped on this forum are invited to help other users by responding to their questions when they know the answer and/or to consider adding useful information.
- Do not link to any site that contains adult content, sexually oriented material or might otherwise be considered offensive. Any post containing an inappropriate link will be deleted and the poster will receive a warning.
- Do not propose/link to any site that contains warez/copyrighted software/materials that can be downloaded illegally.
- Do not use the PM system to break the rules, it is monitored by our moderators and administrators.
- No affiliate links to be posted, anywhere on our forum.
- Items for sale or wanted must be posted in the "For Sale/Wanted" forum. Any posts in breach of this rule may be removed. Please also refer to the "For Sale/Wanted Forum" rules below.
- Must be setup in your Profile (profile link), and not manually added to your messages.
- May not contain any pricing, sales, product etc. details.
- May contain a maximum of two smilies.
- May include two click-able links. URL's or mailto: – No duplicate links
- Only exact URLs allowed ie- No tinyurls, affiliate links etc. either, only exact, literal URLs
- URLs must not link to any business you are associated with or have interest in.
- May include two colours. Hyper-link colour is set by the forum and is not counted as a colour.
- Maximum font size cannot be larger than normal.
- Signature Image Size Limits (pixels): width – 450, height – 80
- May not contain links to other threads or posts for the purpose of self promotion.
- Your signature is your signature. It is not for sale or rent.
- Any signature or avatar that is offensive or insulting to either us, our members, or our staff, are prohibited.
- We reserve the right to ask you to change and/or remove your signature at any time, for any reason.
- We reserve the right to ask you to change and/or remove your avatar.
For Sale/Wanted Forum:
- To sell here you must have 10 posts or more in other sections of the forums. Fully paid BARCS members are exempt. Join here. No trade or commercial adverts allowed. If you buy or sell in this forum it is entirely at your own risk.
- Ensure your read the For Sale and Wanted Rules and Guidelines which is the first post in the For Sale forum.
- The items you are selling must be owned by you and ready for sale.
- No auction style adds. You must state a price for your item.
- If you are the topic starter and are selling or buying please update the topic straight away if you do a deal via PM. It can be upsetting to find out you missed out although you posted first on the forum. Make it clear to everyone whats going on please.
- When your item/s are sold please update the topic and indicate they are sold by using the "Mark as Sold" button.
- For FPV flying, particular attention must be paid to the requirements of the CAA document CAP 658. This defines that such flying must be purely for recreational purposes, not activity such as aerial photography for any sort of commercial purpose. A buddy box is generally a blanket requirement, with the person holding that box being required to maintain a clear line of sight with the model at all times. The person with the clear line of sight is legally defined as the person in charge of the model.
- An exemption was given by the CAA in September 2012 to allow flying without a buddy box PROVIDING the flyer was accompanied by a Competent Observer who, besides an understanding of FPV, must also maintain a clear line of sight with the model at all times. However for this exemption to apply, in addition to having a Competent Observer, the model must not exceed 1.8 kg in weight and must not be flown higher than 400 feet. The CAA have indicated that, come March 2014, they will raise these limits to 3.5Kg and 1000 feet but a clear line of sight for the Competent Observer remains as a definite legal requirement.
At all times:
- Keep all commentary civil, and be courteous at all times. Constructive criticism is welcome, but insults directed towards other users or the site admins will not be tolerated. Coarse/insulting language will not be tolerated.
- No commercial advertising is permitted.
- Posting links to commercial/retail websites you may own or have a business interest in is not allowed and considered advertising.
- When recommending product or items to help a user solve their issue, you must disclose any affiliations you may have with the company or group that authors that particular product. This includes, but is not limited to: any paid or non-paid relationships past or present, receiving any promotional products or services, or any other similar information.
- Any posts deemed to be self promotion, advertising, or spam can and will be removed. NO SPAM – NO ADVERTISING eg. Posting and making excessive, inappropriate and unnecessary references to your products and websites is self promotion.
- This is not the place to settle a commercial disagreement for custom development or to be a 'wall of shame'. Any posts deemed to be of this nature will be removed. Settle your disputes in private please, and away from this forum.
- If you feel a post violates any of these rules, or you need to bring it to the attention of a moderator (move threads/close/split), please use the ‘report post’ link to notify the moderators.
- These forums are centred on BARCS. They are not a place to promote ideological, or religious matters. All such discussions will be deleted/closed.
We reserve the right to ban abusers from the site. We reserve the right to change these rules at any time. Failure to abide by these rules may result in an editing, negative moderation or deletion of your post.