Hi all

iwchris

Hi all

My name is Chris, and I am from the sunny Isle of Wight, it's just that it is not "that" sunny at the moment.

I have been model flying for most of my life on and off, and now that I have started eSoaring I find that this is the best end of a hobby for me, as we do have some lovely sites all around the Island.

I find that this hobby of ours is a constant learning curve, with all the new technology that is emerging, so I will be asking a few questions, and I am sure that some of you guys will be able to answer.

Thanks

Chris

Welcome aboard.

There certainly are some nice slopes on the Isle of Wight, we used them during "Foot and Mouth" for F3F as we couldn't use most of our usual sites.

:)

Hi there!

I drank in 'the Isle of Wight' pub in Cowes on Philip Island many, many times.

Yet to get to the real Isle of Wight :cool:

Great Island to Fly ,

Ive flown over the cliffs above Black Gang chine .

Wicked Cliffs :cool:

Welcome to Barcs

Bob

Thanks for the welcome Guys.

And yes Bob! The area just behind Blackgang Chine, goes all the way up to the "Pepper Pot" there are slopes for most wind directions at the top, just a bit of a climb though.

Chris

Hi Chris and welcome. I assume you've got together with Paul and Ginnie Newell. Ex members of TVSF in Bracknell whom I fly with.

Welcome, hope you get to the mainland to fly.

Graham

Hi Graham

I have not actually met Paul but he is very well known here on the island, I do know that he does enter a lot of gliding competitions here and abroad.

I want to start getting to some gliding events on the mainland later this summer, hopefully if the weather ever gets better!!!

Chris

Sorry mate we're full.

Of course if you invite us over to your beautiful island and share the spots them maybe we'll reconsider.

Important question: where are the good curry houses?

Sorry mate we're full.

Of course if you invite us over to your beautiful island and share the spots them maybe we'll reconsider.

Important question: where are the good curry houses?

Loads of good Curry Houses and Pubs ...........and a few slopes as well!!

Yeah

I've done a few WhiteAirs down there with assorted teams. A great place. I have a few dodgy mates on the island, and luckily some good contacts wit the ferry dudettes.