GP15

slopelope

• slopelope changed the title to Thank you Jiri Baudis, Dirk Pflug & Jorg Etzler... GP15

Brett82... its the Baudis GP15. This version came from Windwings. Its famous in Europe, but UK is always a little (or a lot) behind the times! 

Very nice, and you know Baudis do good quality.

I've seen some of the other scale Baudis models, but not this one. @LS8-18 I guess different people have a different version of famous... lol

10 hours ago, slopelope said:

Pete

I think there are quite a few GP15 just about to land in the UK...

😊

Yeah, a few others and myself have ordered. Due to the very high aspect ratio and good aerofoil they are supposed to be very efficient.

Lets hope there's a 'gap in the foam wall' to get some good and safe flights in..

54 minutes ago, Lloyd_d said:

Yeah, a few others and myself have ordered. Due to the very high aspect ratio and good aerofoil they are supposed to be very efficient.

Lets hope there's a 'gap in the foam wall' to get some good and safe flights in..

under 400'? or is it <7kg?

So Slopelope are you happy with yours? Have you got used to the small flaps and longer landing approach? Is it manageable?

Hi Lloyd

Im really happy...well worth the £££. My controller needed replacing so Im waiting for post from Germany... looking forward to getting her back in the air and flying again..

Who told you about the flaps? Did you guess or did you translate my german post on the RC Network forum? Its the only weak point I have found so far. The flaps lack that full braking effect that we are used to with F3b/f3f designs.  Ive have done some OK landings on slight down hill slopes...its possible...just comes in fast. It's built strong so will prob be fine.

Tom...weight is anything from 4-7kg. Easy to build at 5kg with front elec. Mine is 6kg with Jetec 80. It goes well at this weight. Ive yet to try ballast. 

• 3 years later...

I have just taken delivery of a gp15.

It has come with a piece which I am assuming is a tailplane incidence changer.

Moulded to fit under the tailplane.

Am I right in my assumption?

Or is it simply a piece to improve the surface fit?

Mikeb52

Looks beautiful Mike. Graeme has the same model, and I have the GP Racer version. Did you get Baudis to do the install? I did for the wings on mine. I’ve heard that Baudis lead time is now 10 months to a year! 

Hi Mike, yes a full KST servo install, and very pleased with it. Everything is super accurate, making programming a very simple procedure that took me about 10 minutes.

I'm using two packs of 18650cells and a practical RC red Pico magnetic switch to work as the battery backer.

I ordered the model late August as a focus for me during my hospital stay and recuperation.

February delivery, so around 6months, which turned out to be ideal. Just ready for Spring. Should it ever stop raining....

• Like 4