Southern Winter League F3F 2020-21

Nigel_W

Hello Everyone

395116944_F3F-SWLv1sml.png.f63573091a88988843dd0a5660e930d1.png

The Southern Winter F3F League will run this year on the first Sunday of each month from October to March, with no reserve dates.  The winter events are very relaxed, and a good way of trying out F3F, but also fun for those who have been away from it for a while!

The venue will be White Sheet for wind direction NNW-SSW.  For certain other directions an event may run in the Eastbourne area.  The weather call will normally be made on the Friday evening.

Entries will open by the Monday 1 week beforehand (entries on the day will also be accepted).  Your FIRST event entry MUST include your BMFA number and confirmation that you are CAA Operator registered, to be sent by email to nwitchalls AT blueyonder.co.uk .   Once provided these will be kept on record for further winter league events.  Subsequent entries can be by RSVP to the BARCS Calendar event (see links on dates above).

Entries will be limited to 30 unless otherwise stated when opening the entry list.  During these events social distancing is to be observed at all times.  Hand sanitiser will be provided at buzzer points.  If you have any queries please contact me or ask the CD on the day.

Nigel

• Like 5

We are keeping an eye on the published guidance as it is updated.  In England, the recent changes relate to social gatherings, not business activity or  organised sporting events.  The guidance under which we organised the English Open has not changed.  But who knows.

I will post a status update 2 weeks before the first event (and take entries from 1 week later).

• Like 2

I’m planning to be in Limoux for the Pyrenees Cup on the first of these dates, Nigel, so don’t expect to see me unless France is locked down soon!

• Like 1

Status update as promised above, the southern winter league first event will run, weather permitting, on 4th October (managed under Covid-Secure guidelines and BMFA guidelines).

• Like 2

On 15/09/2020 at 11:57, oipigface said:

I’m planning to be in Limoux for the Pyrenees Cup on the first of these dates, Nigel, so don’t expect to see me unless France is locked down soon!

Pyrénées Cup has been cancelled, so assuming the October event isn’t also cancelled I can be there.

Hi Nigel,

When are you opening enter for the event please? 

As I would like to take part if possible.

Regards

Greg

Sunday evening was the plan, but I don't mind opening it now as it's not exactly a Eurotour.  Entries to be made as per original post please.  Numbers will be limited to 30, so shouldn't be a problem.  I will add the entry list to this post in a few days.

• Nigel W
  • Graeme M
  • Tony L
  • Phil T
  • Greg L
  • Bruce H
  • John T
  • Dave R
  • Ian F
  • William F
  • Ian M
  • David W
  • JP
  • Aleix
  • Graham H
  • Pete B
  • Mike S
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Aleix said:

Any idea on the forecast? It seems wet

I must say Aleix it doesn’t look good, however never say never.

Nigel shall make the call later today.

G

Hi all, despite a good entry list the weather forecast has not been good all week and now shows rain all day Sunday on various weather sites.  It is probably no surprise but unfortunately we have to call this one off.

Hi all, the next F3F Southern winter league is planned for next Sunday.  The forecasts currently suggest it will be suitable only for John Treble's float-equipped gliders, but fingers crossed.

Those who entered last month can enter by RSVP to the calendar entry Here.  Any first-time entrants please provide details as per first post in this thread.

Nigel, Graeme

Hi all, we will make the weather call on Saturday lunchtime, as the forecast for Sunday is currently a bit changeable.

Nigel, Graeme

Tone-the-glider

Email sent Nigel., but JIC

Here is info.

Hi Nigel

Please include me in Sunday's list of entrants.

2.4 ghz

FS 4

Pike Precision

My BMFA is 16556

Operator ID details

·        Name: Tony Robertson

·        Operator ID: OP-WCVPT5D

·        Valid for: 1 year

·        Expiry date: 27/07/2021

Flyer ID details

·        Name: Tony Robertson

·        Flyer ID: FLY-HCNYK3