ACCST 2.0 ACCESS FrSky question

Darren_O

My equipment: X12s horus on ACCST 1.xxx and an R9 unit.

I'm looking to buy an R9 RX. I know Frsky have released the new ACCESS protocol but apparently the X12s isn't getting an official upgrade (cheers). But I've also learned that back in Jan/Feb they also released another version of ACCST. 

All the new R9 rx come with ACCESS as standard, but it states on two of them you can flash them back to ACCST. But is that ACCST 2.0 or can I use this on my ACCST 1.xxx?

I've read that once I update my TX to ACCST2.0 I'll be locked out of anything I can't update to ACCST2.0 like my tinywhoop quadcopters etc.

Can anyone offer some clarity?

Thank you.

Frsky decided to update their ACCST protocol from version 1 to version 2. The official reason was to fix a bug which gave servos an un commanded movement. Unofficially it was thought that this upgrade was to move to an encrypted protocol that other vendors (such as Radiomaster) could not copy.

I have tested a Radiomaster  TX16S transmitter with surprising results. Ground range in bind mode seems better than Frsky transmitters (Horus X10 and Taranis) using ACCST V1 protocol.

It has a multiprotocol module which will talk to Frsky ACCST V2 protocol receivers as well as many others and comes preloaded with OpenTX.

The multiprotocol module is easily updateable  via a P.C. and there are rumours that Frsky's ACCESS protocol is being reverse engineered to be included.

I have been an Frsky fan for many years but I think they have caused confusion in the market by trying to lock down their protocols and avoid copies - which is how they started in the business!

I strongly suggest you look at a Radiomaster TX16S transmitter for the ultimate flexibility.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SteveH said:

Frsky decided to update their ACCST protocol from version 1 to version 2. The official reason was to fix a bug which gave servos an un commanded movement. Unofficially it was thought that this upgrade was to move to an encrypted protocol that other vendors (such as Radiomaster) could not copy.

I have tested a Radiomaster  TX16S transmitter with surprising results. Ground range in bind mode seems better than Frsky transmitters (Horus X10 and Taranis) using ACCST V1 protocol.

It has a multiprotocol module which will talk to Frsky ACCST V2 protocol receivers as well as many others and comes preloaded with OpenTX.

The multiprotocol module is easily updateable  via a P.C. and there are rumours that Frsky's ACCESS protocol is being reverse engineered to be included.

I have been an Frsky fan for many years but I think they have caused confusion in the market by trying to lock down their protocols and avoid copies - which is how they started in the business!

I strongly suggest you look at a Radiomaster TX16S transmitter for the ultimate flexibility.

Frsky a becoming the thing they were able to out compete in the first place with open source and cheap prices.

As you say their stance on radio master and jumper is brazen given that their basically only really successful product, the Taranis, is a splash copy of the case of the jr9x2/9303 and before that they the reverse engineered futaba fasst etc. 

Personally I would get a radio master or jumper instead and use your existing RXs.  

Taranis vs XP9303 (1).jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Darren_O said:

Already have a radiomaster TX on the way :)

I just wanted to use the new R9 RX with either that or the X12s. No reply from T9.

Although ACCESS protocol is not supported (yet?) by the TX16S.