Southern Winter League F3F 2022/23

Nigel_W

1091916163_F3F-SWLv1sml.png.39ad3bcd5f50333139c86d4a2969e45c.png

The Southern Winter F3F League will run this year on the first Sunday of each month from November to March, with the Saturday of the same weekend being used as a reserve option.  There will also be an F3F taster day on Sunday 2nd October for those interested in giving it a try with any plane you have.  Details Here.  The winter events are very relaxed, and a good way of trying out F3F, but also fun for those who have been away from it for a while.

The venue will be White Sheet Down, Mere, for wind direction SSW-NNW.  For certain other directions an event may run in the Eastbourne area.  The weather call will be made by the Friday evening.  8 firm entrants will be required.

Please indicate attendance on the Event Calendar which is weblinked from the dates above, including availability for the Reserve date.

For your FIRST event you must send your BMFA number and CAA OP number by email to ngwitchalls AT gmail.com .   If these have already been provided to me last year, please simply confirm no changes, then confirm when renewed in January.  If you have any queries please contact me by PM or email.

• Like 4

Hi all, the weather call for Sunday's taster/testing session will be tomorrow evening.  We need to confirm the rain forecast which may influence start time at the very least.

Due to rain and wind direction Sunday's Taster session is Off.  However anyone interested can come along to any winter league comp and give it a go.

• Austin changed the title to Southern Winter League F3F 2022/23
  • Austin pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a quick reminder that the first winter league is next Sunday, reserve Saturday, subject to weather of course.  Please use links above to register on the calender event entry list.  The weather call will be Friday evening.

Unfortunately with a poor forecast all week, most forecast sites are still showing as fully wet on Saturday and for a significant part of Sunday, so this weekend's comp is OFF.

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure there is much point putting this notice out, but in theory the next Southern winter F3F is next weekend.  The wind forecast is currently suggesting that won't happen, but the call will be later in the week.

Tone-the-glider
12 hours ago, William said:

I know it's a dreadful slope but any competition is better than no competition, could we not use the NE slope as it looks usable on Saturday? 

I cannot make Saturdays.

Just to confirm, this weekend's comp is off.

Pretty sure we would not have had the numbers for Butser I'm afraid Allen, and the White Sheet NE is nice for sport flying but unsuitable for F3F.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Happy New Year all !!  The next Southern F3F is next weekend - please register interest using the calendar links at the start of the thread.  Forecast looks more like Welsh weather but let's see.

The White Sheet club has asked that any pilots who are totally new to F3F should do an observed test flight beforehand to fly at a White Sheet event.  Hopefully that won't be an issue as you probably wanted to do one anyway.  Alternatively a Slope A certificate will be fine.

Ok, so at last we are good to go, and Sunday is ON for the first Southern winter F3F.  Meet time 9.30.

Good wind forecast, but probably some showers and temperatures won't be as high as the last few days, so wrap up warm and bring brollies.  Unfortunately I can't be there, so have a good one and I look forward to hearing about it.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Mark P said:

Sorry guys, weather forecast is looking too wet for my liking so I will be giving this one a miss.

Mark

Second weather call? - doesnt look promising

Phil.

We've reviewed the forecast and think it is likely we can get a comp in for the hardy types that do turn up, so the comp will go ahead. Meet time between 9.30-10.00.  If you have changed your mind about coming please it would help if you can update the calendar entry so Graeme can get a better estimate of numbers this evening.

• Like 2

Allen Elliott

If I was more local, I would risk it but unfortunately it's just to far for a few rounds and weather watching. When we get past this crap weather I'm look forward to racing with you guys again 

• Like 1

Tone-the-glider

Me also on the e above, If I was more local then maybe give it a go.

Good luck to all that make it dodging the weather