WC Denmark

Andy_B

So just a few words from me ,will try and link some videos at some point.

The standard of flying out here is so high and also pretty technical ,wrong line was rewarded with slow times.

first day was 5 rounds with 55 pilots ,the organisation is very slick.

Mark is doing well Pete has now got the line and I’m well off it ,hopefully today will bring a change of fortune with a change to a more UK style slope at Hanstholm .

Andy

11AD5BA2-998B-4AE9-BD1C-722893FDF1F4.jpeg

• Like 15

Day 2 on the Turbulator at Hanstholm …..started at 3m/s and was upto 18m/s .more like a UK slope as in not over water .huge swings in times as each round takes about 2 hrs and conditions can vary a lot (even when you are on a sea slope) 

• Like 4

Day 3

no flying today due to bad weather…..difficult for the organisers but the right decision .There was a very small window of opportunity to maybe get 1 round in between 11-2pm  but it wasn’t really on .

so day of polishing and building Mikes new Device 

25EC7B60-406B-4F44-9906-272F5C8C5A73.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Thanks for the updates Andy; it looks amazing and super technical, can't wait to hear what worked (and what didn't) on those slopes. 

Good luck to you all for the rest of the comp👍

• Like 1

Well, we flew on the same slope again today, and suffered in much the same way as we did yesterday 😞.  Wind was reasonably square, but slope rather alien to us and proved difficult to get anywhere near the right line. I don't think any of us have flown something so small at around 4 to 4.5kg, and even a welcome 39 was blown away by a 31. It was seriously impressive to see what the top guys can do though, amazing skills on such a technically demanding slope.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

Well that’s it ….all over and done with .The last day was back to Mores and it didn’t seem at all as daunting as it did in the pre comp a week ago (even quite welcoming) after the previous two days at Kallrrup.I had my best flight of the week in the last round with a 46 for 8th in round so at least finished on a high.

key take always for me 

1. we didn’t practice enough
  2. we didn’t research what slopes we could
  3. dont under estimate the mental side of a weeks flying at this level
  4. and F3F is full of really great people

ive had a great week …got to know a whole load of people ,and can’t wait to get back home .

• Like 12

5 hours ago, Andy_B said:

Well that’s it ….all over and done with .The last day was back to Mores and it didn’t seem at all as daunting as it did in the pre comp a week ago (even quite welcoming) after the previous two days at Kallrrup.I had my best flight of the week in the last round with a 46 for 8th in round so at least finished on a high.

key take always for me 

1. we didn’t practice enough
  2. we didn’t research what slopes we could
  3. dont under estimate the mental side of a weeks flying at this level
  4. and F3F is full of really great people

ive had a great week …got to know a whole load of people ,and can’t wait to get back home .

Well, there is certainly always more that can be done, and flying a wider range of slopes would be massively beneficial in raising the standard of f3f.

I had mapped every published slope and flew the best equivalent UK slopes when weather permitted (which wasn't very often this year). There was one slope not on the map until the comp started, and that's the one that we didn't get to grips with. There are many like it on the UK coast where the soft cliffs are being washed away - I just never planned on flying anything like that  especially at 4.5kg! However, it was really good to see that it could be flown, and flown very fast too!

Thankfully the last day was pretty good, with some recovery from the previous 2 days.

The standard of flying at the top was truly awesome and quite inspirational, so lots the think about and work on.

The organisation and running of the whole event was superbly done, a real credit to the Danish team. I really hope they run another one before too long.

Of course France will be completely different again, but the same considerations apply.

• Like 11