English Open F3F 2023, Aug 19th-20th

Nigel_W

EOposterGenericv1.png.f417ee3c6828ff805dbc4de0e171b5d0.png

Hi everyone, the English Open F3F competition this year will be held on 19-20 August, hosted as usual by the White Sheet Radio Flying Club.  This is a relaxed 2-day event, fun for everyone from experts to those who would just like to give F3F a try.

The entry list will open at 6pm tomorrow, Friday 2nd June, on the GBSRA site.  http://www.gbsra.co.uk/competition-entries.  The entry fee will be £20 payable on the day.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The trophies are in, the weather watching has begun, roll on the English Open.  Entries via the GBSRA site will close at around 6pm on Thursday.  This is a non-BMFA event, so late entries can be accepted to Graeme or myself.  The weather call will be given on here Thursday evening.

IMG_20230815_084929.thumb.jpg.a7f3f5b512927dd2878810a70fa69f4b.jpg

• Like 3

Hi all,   
I know we don’t normally make a weather call for two day comps, but just to confirm. This year’s English Open is ON.  
see you  on Whitesheet’s SW slope at 09:30, I’m hoping to get started at ~10:00 ish.     
looks to be the occasional light shower so bring your sport brellas.
G

• Like 6

Well done to both Graeme & Nigel on Organising this yrs event 👏

Wishing everyone a very enjoyable & successful English Open 2023.

I look forward to reading how events unfold.

A few pics too please.

Good luck to All.

Stu. 

• Like 3

What a day's flying!

Just sitting down to a cold beer after 11 rounds of challenging, fast and fun racing.  Well done to Graeme et.al on running a really smooth day.  I'll go through some pictures later but regardless of what the standings are- what a blast today was.

Another day where JP and his Saker seemed to hoover up the round wins, with a win for me too I think 'team Saker' had 5 of the first 7 rounds!  There are so many pilots who are more than capable of turning good air into round wins these days.

time to sit back and wait for the results...

• Like 5

Results after 11 rounds….   
1. JP.  
2. Graeme Mahoney.  
3. Dave Rumble.   
4. Andy Burgoyne.  
5. Mike Shellim.   
6. Phil Taylor.   
7. Mark Treble.  
8. William Fourie.   
9. Aleix Ingles Elias.  
10. Ian Mason.   
11. Mike Evans.   
12. Mark Passingham.   
13. Graeme Hill.   
14. Mike Bleathman.  
15. Nigel Whitchalls.   
16. Bruce Hudson.   
17. Paul Stubley.   
18. Jason Bioletti.   
19. Tony Robertson.   

FTD JP @ 38.22.  
Meet tomorrow same place at 09:30.  
G

• Like 6

Super day of racing today.

Absolutely made up with a win in round 9 with the venerable old Extreme.

Huge thanks to Ian Mason for his comment: "Imagine how quick a decent pilot with a decent plane would have gone".

I think he was trying to sell me a Saker!

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, wookman said:

Super day of racing today.

Absolutely made up with a win in round 9 with the venerable old Extreme.

Huge thanks to Ian Mason for his comment: "Imagine how quick a decent pilot with a decent plane would have gone".

I think he was trying to sell me a Saker!

Always the sales man 😆 

• Like 1

Well, what a wonderful weekends racing! The weather gods smiled on us with no rain delays and the wind stayed (approximately) on-slope for the whole competition - awesome!

Well done to JP, Graeme and Dave for the top spots, they were well deserved, and thanks to Graeme and Nigel for organising everything👏.

Commiserations to Andy: I'm really sorry it didn't go too well - maybe next time?🤣

• Like 5

A superb English Open. Thanks to everybody who made it so and congratulations to the top three. also well done to Phil for picking up the Best of the rest award with some exciting flying and to Paul for winning the gardening award.

Edited by wookman
  • Like 6

Yes, it was a superb weekend. Well done  to white sheet members filling the first 4 places!! Also to Graeme and Nigel, for a well run comp. special  mention to Phil, for having 2 kilos of church roof in his freestyler, on day one. Really was special to watch. Plus the midlanders went home empty handed. 
what’s not to like!!🤣🤣

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

My first competition for over a year and a half. I only turned up for the second day, but it was great to be back among familiar faces. It’s a bit disappointing that there weren’t any unfamiliar ones, mind!

Weather was brilliant, I flew much better than I was expecting after such a long break, and it was great to see JP dominating the scoring again. 

Graeme, Nigel and the rest of the local team ran the thing very effectively.

I’m looking forward to the next one already!

• Like 5

Very good weekend of racing. It ran very smoothly thanks to Graeme and Will. Everyone did their bit to keep things running like clockwork. I've never seen anyone dominate the comp as much as JP did especially Saturday. Exceptional flying! I wasn't able to stay focused enough to the end of day 2 to take 2nd place but Graeme kept the pressure on til the end so very well done Graeme

• Like 5

What a great English Open, 19 rounds flown in beautiful Wiltshire Sunshine, what’s not to like!   
JP showed us the way from the start, ultimately winning with a 1000 point lead!!! Superb flying John, really great to watch.   
Due to the number of rounds, most of the Whitesheet variability was smoothed out giving all pilots a fair share of both good and not so good air.     
Congrats to John for the win and Dave for third, very well deserved both of you. I was second, just can’t seem to win this one, been second 5 times, maybe next time?

Spreadsheet to follow once I sort my email account out.   

Thanks to everyone for helping, out and making it one of the best Whitesheet comps ever.

G

• Like 8

Well what a fantastic English open, great weather wind and sun and great company 

big thanks to the WhiteSheet club and team made a very easy going comp, great time was had by all 👍

well done to Greame and Big Dave, and good to see William having rewards for his training. Well done to all competitors this weekend, it was great to see so many well flown flights over the two day at times in some very marginal air.

JP

• Like 4