Lundy 2025 ! The Big one ! Superhero's week!

Lundylynda

On 12/12/2023 at 12:47, jwest532 said:

I prefer a Snickers myself :)

Just Zoom in.. it all becomes crystal clear! Snickers or Milky way ... Its only a Whisper away :)

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/12/2023 at 08:15, Andy_B said:

Milky Way on Lundy last week 

lundy.JPG

I took the liberty of editing your milky way picture on my ipad.  It makes the stars clearer but it brings on some irritating vertical stripes - a jpeg artefact perhaps?

Edit:  I have marked the picture to give names to some details.  Top left oval is the Andromeda Galaxy, M31, about 2.5 million light years away.  The light seen here is about the oldest thing you can see easily, naked eye.  The crooked 'W' on its side is the constellation Cassiopeia.  The circled bright star near the horizon is Vega, one of the brightest in our skies. The cross is the Swan constellation - flying head down into the horizon.

9BF715CD-F299-4FA7-9DF4-DFE3B88D1498.jpeg.a2eb208d34dac337c6c078f1f9df9860.jpeg

Edited by mikef
Points of interest identified.
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Julian Beckett

Being a newbie regarding flying on Lundy, what do I need to do regarding booking the ferry, car parking for the duration etc etc. So many details I've no idea about!
Would one of the seasoned veterans walk us green types through it!

regards

J

Lundylynda
17 hours ago, Julian Beckett said:

Being a newbie regarding flying on Lundy, what do I need to do regarding booking the ferry, car parking for the duration etc etc. So many details I've no idea about!
Would one of the seasoned veterans walk us green types through it!

regards

J

Hi Julian

I'm please to say that all those details will be posted on this page in the forthcoming months. I usually get everyone to pay up-front for the barn and I will also organise your ferry booking too. Car parking details will also be posted 

I look forward to meeting you . Im sure you will enjoy the stay on a beautiful island with dome like minded flyers:) 

Kind regards

Lundy Lynda 

oipigface
23 hours ago, Lundylynda said:

with dome like minded flyers

I've been called some things in my life, but 'dome-like' is new to me - or did you have someone else in mind?

Lundylynda
On 30/01/2024 at 15:38, oipigface said:

I've been called some things in my life, but 'dome-like' is new to me - or did you have someone else in mind?

You happen to be one of my Favourite Lundy Domes John.:) lol Don't forget the backgammon, although I did mention to the Island Manger that they should have some boards available for us :) 

• Like 2

oipigface
21 hours ago, Lundylynda said:

…..Island Manger that they should have some boards available for us

Complete with Baby Jesus, I hope.

Lundylynda

Who would want to miss a Backgammon challenge with you both John ! I'm practising !

Trebles .jpg

Lundylynda

Lots of Domes... to admire here.. but Superhero's are required for 2025!  :)

Lundylynda

I would be very interested to see that costume come to life John ! Exploding Balls too lol'

• Like 1

Lundylynda

Well 2024 is here and it really will not be long before we set sail for Lundy 2025!.

Please could all of the following listed for the Barn, put £110 into my bank account  (non refundable) unless you get someone to take your place) to confirm your place. 

Ric is working on the Group build for all those who want to take part in a Lundy event for this model.  We will have further costs for your boat trip, communal meals, trophies, indoor comp costs to add later this year.

There are only 3!! places left in the Barn ..so don't miss out. Im sure there will be camping available . Please see the Landmark Trust /Lundy availability website

Barn Residency 

1. Phil Taylor

2 Les ( Legend :))

3 JP : Obvious Legend. Sir to be knighted

4 Allen E (Welcome aboard)

5. Andy B

6 Julian B (Welcome aboard)

7 Harry P

8Adam (will be great to see you ) 

9 Adam's daughter (really most welcome)

10 Phil T (The other Phil curries man) :)

11 Ric (wouldn't be same without you ) 

So you could you guys please pay your deposit into my bank account. I will Pm those that don't have those details.

We have the Gromit's staying in Old House South x3 

The Trebles x2 (cant wait for Backgammon comps) 

Joe and I in the Quarters, (we could have extra residents.. as long as I have a room with no snoring, please apply, if interested ) 

Looking forward to posting more details throughout this year :) 

Pm me, or post there,  if you are interested :

Lundy Lynda ; think about super Hero Costumes ! 

• Like 1

Lundylynda

There are currently 11 properties (well 10 really , as the other is camping lol .. although I have done that and enjoyed it loads, ....the showers are great by the way !) Landmark Trust - Lundy website you will find the properties that still available to book for the week, that we will be there . Please visit;

The Landmark Trust site for further details for our week commencing 20th September 2025.

Lundylynda

Thanks to many of you for your deposits. 

Please could those of you who have not yet paid, please contact me. 

It will be 2025 before we know it :) 

Lundy Lynda :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Lundylynda

Really pleased to hear that Daniel Schneider will be joining us ! It will be great to see you again ! 

• Like 1