Any new models ?

PeteMitchell

• Committee Member
PeteMitchell

Not seen any new models on here for a while, any one else got something to show ?

I built this Encanto during the winter and was able to give it a few maiden flights recently on a rare fine but breezy day when it had stopped raining.

Hope to enter a few comps with it.

IMG_0749.jpeg

• Like 1

cirrusRC

Pete, is it much of a step up from the Vaiana Sport?

I know of one other member building the Encanto.

I ordered a Baudis GP15 last August as a operation and six months recovery loomed. As something to look forward to in the spring it worked a treat. Delivered in Feb, but due to weather/hols etc, first flight was last weekend. 

Built light with 2 packs of 18650 batteries and a Practicalrc Red Pico switch/ battery backer.

I was surprised just how well it flew at such light weight. Always great  when a model has momentum and speed without having to add loads of weight.PXL_20240414_130427766.thumb.jpg.1d89da5a02086927b8add3a9d7243440.jpg

• Like 2

• Committee Member
PeteMitchell
11 hours ago, cirrusRC said:

Pete, is it much of a step up from the Vaiana Sport?

I know of one other member building the Encanto.

With only 3 launches it’s a bit early to say.  It coped with the wind very well and was easy to fly. Not sure the holes in the airbrakes made a lot of difference but landing wasvery controlled. From memory I think the Vaiana is a bit more ‘floaty’ and would have needed some ballast to fly in the same wind I flew the Encanto in.

Richard Newsham

Purito in the electric F5L format. I also have the Purito in F3L. One wing, two fuselages. Both fly very nicely. 

Edit:- This is 'new' to me. Not I guess a new, new model which is perhaps what you are after. 

Richard

20240316_135603.jpg

• Like 1