Ceres f3f - setup suggestions

RustyKnee

Thats a Lovely looking Glider Stu ,                Nice having a Fly with ya mate , Wind dropped to 8 knots at 8.10 , thats why it was lacking lift at the End, but still was 20 knots at 6.30 , so had a good warm up for sundays Hooning .                    Bob

Yeah was quite pleasant....even in 8 knots. Yup hoprfully it isn't SW and wet like the current wind guru and metoffice forecasts sunday though. Thanks for the fly Stu

ah ok. Apologies for not understanding first time. Yeah I really like my tragi. Stable, easy to fly and land...and really nicely moulded. Stu

Bob and Greg, Iain has suggested Swyre Head for sunday as it looks SW, but will have to keep an eye for rain...it looks like it might be wet. Nicer slope than Ringstead for SW. 50.606284,-2.09483 Cheers, Stu

Ian Mason maybe coming over aswell M8 ,                No probs with Swyre Head , but it will be more West than South West i think smug.gif.            XCWeather says SW , but off the point of Portland it says WSW , usually the Point direction is better than the chesil Bay direction. But we will see Stu .                Oh i saw Andy again today (Slopetrash) he apologises for missing you Wednesday Stu , hes back off home tomorrow , and i m sure he will be gutted to miss a fly in .         Anyway ,                Tonight was not as predicted , and infact shocked me the MiniBlade Flew in 12mph . But it did , and was nice clean Fun . Speedo and Phoon had a quick blast aswell , but yesterday was Mental . The Mini Blade was reversing if i leveled , i swear it was so much faster than i remember that the sky just wasnt big enough, we need Sunday to be like that Stu .              But Wind Gods will decide m8 grin.gif                            Bob

either way rain is going to be the biggest factor at the moment I think. Forecasts are saying slightly different things, but SW is predected by more of them. Swyre Head is actually more W than SW, portland is slightly N of W. If Swyre is on, parking is in carpark south of road here 50.613157,-2.081899. It is a bit of a walk though just so you know. Yeas was a shame Andy couldn't make, I am sure there will be other times. Yeah I guess mini blade needs to be kept moving. Noticing that the min speed of Ceres isn't as slow as Tragi...but then why should it when its designed to have a fast straight line top speed than the tragi :). Just need to not slow it down as much as I am used to with Trudi when wafting. So far it seems pretty obvious its too slow before a stall as the controls go soft, push the nose down and it's fine. I will learn not to go as slow in the first place. I still need to play with camber settings. Stu

Ok m8ty ,          Hopefully the rain comes in over night , and the winds blow the showers through .    Either way No Rain please Weather Gods grin.gif  Glad you are sorting Charlie out , i hope it wont induce Cuban Flu (hahaha).          Just Say No mate , just say no laughing.giflaughing.gif  But its amazing how much you learn from other people , as well as from your own mistakes (not yours , but mine). The Typhoon would not have wanted to fly in light conditions , I know it can stay aloft , but you just know if it starts to come down there isnt the land out option of a slope from a cliff . i am very stunned that the Mini Blade did so well , but if you tried floating it all hell would break loose . you know stalling on every surface at every oportunity. basically falling out of the sky ,     only thing IMHO is that 1.5m is too small on a model that disapears quickly , your Ceres is an excellent size and shape , very slick she was , moving all the time it looked completely stable , turns you did was smooth and not 1 tip stall in site ,     Deffinate Keeper,  and sorry bout talking of the Mini Blade , but i am in shock it isnt a submarine  surprise.gif             Bob 

Bobbyr said:

But its amazing how much you learn from other people             Bob 
You are so right Bob.  I had to learn almost everything on my own due to there just being no-one around my area to help me.  As a consequence I got the handle "CrasherChris" crying.gif ...

Well latest weather is Westerly until 13.00 hrs , no rain until 16.00 .            So not slopracer is heading to the Island for 10 ish , anyone else is welcome grin.gifgrin.gif       Its Gonna be be Rocking ,                                       Bob

thats not what windguru or metoffice are saying...but who knows and we'll find out tomorrow :) Either way....I will most likely go to Swyre Head and fly with Iain, I havent seen him in a while. Have fun S

Yes Met Office and Windguru say WSW till 1 oclock m8 , then rain with wind swinging SW , bum    But wave direction is west ,                               so Swyre will be good as will Portland no worrys , just feel cheeky asking Ian to drive another 36 miles to Swyre Head mate , after hes done 60 odd to get here .               We will be alright off the Island , i will let you know by text when the rain starts coming over Stu , you may get 20 mins before it gets to you at Swyre Dude .           Regardless , have a safe day m8 , and say Hi to Iain for me wink.gif             Bob

Bob, I keep meaning to ask why wave direction matters. (wind)Waves are caused by wind aren't they, not the other way around. Surely wave direction is just an indication of past wind direction not future? Stu

I have Noticed when the Wave Direction is West , then a SW is more often than not WSW ,                          It tends to add a little.                                  so if the Wave Direction was South then a SW would tend to be more SSW              We will see tomorrow mate , but either way it should be a nice blow . grin.gif                                 Bob

I started a Dorset Soarers , so as not to change the Thread                                Bob