Climaxx Compact from Hoellein

slope_dragon_x

slope_dragon_x

I don't know if anyone else is already familiar with this model?  I've just finished building the kit from Hoellein and the finished article is delightful in looks and performance. 2M span, all up weight of 770g and 165Watts from a 2s lipo and Hyperion GS2213 motor. 

Climaxx-Compact-1.jpg

slope_dragon_x

It's a great model to fly, but it was a really fun build - everything fits together so well. I built it as a warm-up for a scale woody (Krick Grunau Baby about to be started).  What surprised me was that the build was quicker than the fit-out. Makes me wonder why we have become so addicted to ARTF's.

I don't know the Plouf tbh. They are very interesting kits - not just being wingerons, but the intricacy of the parts and the design.  I enjoyed what I have done on my zip33 but the build stalled with various mouldie projects. hopefully when they are all done I can get back to it. mind you, you easily forget how much work is in a "proper" model!