Getting Cerious

Phil.Taylor

Having had a couple of ceres's in various forms.I have flown 2.4 and 35MHz on both. Tip.Remove (Desolder existing antenna) from rx.Glue with cyno behind space inside elevator wiper.Extend RX antenna up fuse using 26AWG and solder to wires up v's.Poke 50cm out the back of fuse and solder to feeder form rx.Heat shrink all joints and that should be more then good enough for 35 antenna installation.J

I had an Ascot which had been set up like that by its previous owner - I added very small connectors for the v-tails - worked but was fiddly. I may yet do an up-the-tails aerial - havent got time at the mo though.Just checked on the Baudis site - which says that the fus is mostly carbon - but with glass nose for 2.4Phil.

• 4 years later...
Phil.Taylor

After the sad demise of the Ceres at the end of last year

Smashed Ceres - small.jpg

I've just collected a pile of interesting Ceres-ish looking pieces to try & grow another one - thanks Jon !

Phil.

Ceres_bits_1.jpgCeres_bits_2.jpg

• Like 2

Phil.Taylor

Its alive ! - white wings, blue fus, orange tails - not pretty but flies well - video in the F3F videos thread

Phil.

Nice one Phil. I always liked them when I had them. 

Not pretty but it does fly very well. 

Get her loaded up and on a decent hill :)