BARCS forumite Rhossili get-together / fly-in - Sat 21st April

Phil.Taylor

Depends what you call a long walk.

The "standard" way would be to park in the old Norman church carpark (free/money in church upkeep box) on the right as you enter Rhossili village.Then climb up the South side of the Down to the top. Short but rather sharp.

There is another way from the back of the Down. Longer but more gradual maybe 3/4 mile.

Not quite as bad as walking around to the Bwlch Crest in an Easterly.

21st is good for me and SWMBO too, so it will be good to put faces to a few more Forumite names

We will make a week of it and book the caravan in to a local(ish) site. So plenty of room for models. :)

Jerry

I can make that :) Might bring a few of the Herefordshire Reprobates down with me as well.They'll probably not to TOO much damage to the local tourism trade as long as we keep them out of public view :)

Hi Phil.I have got this in the diary. Looking forward to meeting everybody. Good incentive to finish the Falcon, there may just be time!

• 2 weeks later...

slopeflyer said:

Indeed, plus it's a hard slog to the top with anything over 2m.
You can of course launch off the rocks by the carpark and fly up.

So would a SAS Wildthing, Venom, and a M60 be suitable foam to bring?Hmm now who can I get to come with me, assuming us from oop norf are welcome too? Lol.

Keith B said:

is there an issue with taking mouldies up there then?

No, it's not that. It's just if you get a load of people together you tend to get a load of foamies filling the sky making it difficult to fly non foam models (without fear of them being hit).

Although I understand it's a pretty big ridge.

Keith B said:

is there an issue with taking mouldies up there then?
I think its more of a general thing when you have a fly in with lots of people with different skill levels and types of models there can be lots of traffic. Personally I will be taking a bit of everything and fly whats most sutible.

it is somthin we can try and sort out before the day .......I wont be karting big lumps of glass up that hill if I think theres not an opportunity to fly it ........justa thought .....

slopeflyer said:

Andy, the other option to take your biggest toy and fly over the foam.Anyone fancy carting my vortex up and down for beer tokens?
Mikes done that before ...ask him how much he enjoyed it ..... :censored: