V-Tail Ball and Socket

iwchris

Hi Guys

I have just installed the pushrods through to the V-Tail on my Whisper Glider, I have never ever used these ball and socket links before, it is a metal ball with a plastic snap on socket link.

They do seem to work okay, but I am not sure if I trust them or not, as if one came off it would be a disaster, how many of you guys used this system or is there something better.

Thanks for any help

Chris

most moulded vtail gliders use ball links on the tails. The odd one uses clevises, but they are typically those with a "pull for up" tails (e.g skorpion, strega, extreme.) The others use ball links (e.g. the one in my avatar).

Hi Guys

I have just installed the pushrods through to the V-Tail on my Whisper Glider, I have never ever used these ball and socket links before, it is a metal ball with a plastic snap on socket link.

They do seem to work okay, but I am not sure if I trust them or not, as if one came off it would be a disaster, how many of you guys used this system or is there something better.

Thanks for any help

Chris

Ball and socket is widey used for this, and of course by very many helicopters. As long as you haven't got a sloppy one, or the movement is too much and it is being pushed off the ball, then you should have no problems whatsoever.

Happy flying !

Thanks guys!

I'm new to moulded gliders, and never used these before, but I must say that I connected the Recv up this afternoon on the bench, and really worked them up and down and they did seem ok.

Chris:)