North Wales Slopers

slope_dragon_x

Couple of us going up today. Tank tracks slope on the Orme. SW right into slope:)

Edit: turned out nice after a grey start. Good crowd with some nice models flown and a bit of combat action of course:)

Nothing more satisfying than watching someone walk back up with model in hand after a good hit:) 

IMG_20170314_122204.jpg

• Like 2

Another great day on the Orme,  warms my cockles to see so many flying, topped off with a local school teacher bringing his pupils up flying.

Also maidened my Sigma II with the help of Geoff (skyline) an absolute gent who gave me a launch and sound advice that helped me leave with everything in one piece :)

My Sigma and Wild thing, second pic one of the pupils flying a zagi with the Carneddau in the background, gorse ablaze.

IMG_20170315_215703.jpg

IMG_20170315_215432.jpg

• Like 1

Glider fishing with Allan. His Fox will need a few repairs...

HUGE lift on the Orme today NE into the ski slope 25+

IMG-20170323-WA0001.jpeg

ASW28 2.5m Great for the Orme with a nylon fuse it takes the odd rock in it's stride

PANO_20170323_155224 - Copy (1).JPG

Not to be outdone I planted a banana tree as we were leaving, luckily This rescue was a bit easier....

IMG_20170323_163919.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Look out if you're flying the Orme, litter Nazi's are hiding in cars dishing out fines to smokers flicking ash. So if you smoke you'll have to go back to your car and use the ashtray. Pathetic I know, but I've seen them hand out a fine for chucking a chip to a seagull and even a dropped ice cream. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Great day for sloping and a good turnout. Also witnessed a miracle. Big scale ship was belting around and it looked like it went into a high speed stall, went down like it had been shot. Screamed down below the cliff out of sight and I thought he'd be lucky to find a part bigger than a 50p. 15 minutes later the rescuer came up with the plane in one piece and a grin wider than the wingspan. It was found beyond the road over the wall amongst the rocks and yet all it suffered was a dislocated wing tip. Never seen anything like it. Even foam combat wings come back from there in a bag.

I hope the pilot buys a lottery ticket on his way home.

Middle pic you can just make him out coming back over the wall...

IMG_20170713_142011861.jpg

IMG_20170713_141107308.jpg

IMG_20170713_141508189.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...