South West Slopers

Lundylynda

Couldn't contain myself, so went back for some more - I had half day's leave due, so yesterday arvo looked good for more of the same - turned out to be a tad blowier! than last Sunday, which made for some "gripping" flying - very brief vid of the conditions....

Hope you got some time in Brean. I was kite surfing at weston in on/off conditions, more the latter than the former! Everyone was out of the water by about 1 due to no wind, but we could still see kites up over at Brean.

..... weston in on/off conditions, more the latter than the former! Everyone was out of the water by about 1 due to no wind,.....

Surprising - went up to M-K in the end around 2ish, and there was wind aplenty ... :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Got out on the Downs with the blaster for an hour yesterday. Nice dead air trimming session until the launch peg came off. May need advice for fixing it please, geoffers

Got out on the Downs with the blaster for an hour yesterday.....

Hey Ben - must just have missed you, as I was up there 2ish for some late afternoon lift over the gorge - not huge height, but plenty to stay aloft and pi$$ the seagulls off :-)

Met a guy called Richard Gammon (who I'd met up there a year ago) who's a past VP of the Charles River soaring lot (CRRCSim etc) in the states http://charlesriverrc.org/newsite/AboutUs_bod.html

the launch peg came off. May need advice for fixing it please, geoffers

Is your peg a Craig Robinson curved jobbie - have a look at this thread for some help (or search for CR throwing peg) http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1517237

• 2 months later...

Anyone wishing to attend the Whitesheet Radio Flying Club Agm tommorrow at 3pm-6pm  at the Red Lion Pub at the bottom of our slope will be most welcome. If you just interested in finding out more about the club then come along and say hello,  you will have a warm welcome :)

• Like 1

Anyone wishing to attend the Whitesheet Radio Flying Club Agm tommorrow at 3pm-6pm  at the Red Lion Pub at the bottom of our slope will be most welcome. If you just interested in finding out more about the club then come along and say hello,  you will have a warm welcome :)

Stu, Whitesheet Comp Sec.

The Whitesheet AGM was very well attended. On behalf of the Whitesheet RFC Committeee,very many thanks to all of you that came along   :thumbsup: .

Stu, Whitesheet Comp Sec.

• 1 month later...

Hmmm... Jiri said you can have any colour scheme from the rainbow....  not Pink Drewster!

Nice afternoon spent at Whitesheet today with Martin and Tony.

post-1833-0-02410300-1393442769_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Managed some DS laps at Sand Point (WSM) last Sunday before the rains came - bit of a newbie at this lark (so don't expect miracles) but it felt exciting to me :rolleyes: 

Managed some DS laps at Sand Point (WSM) last Sunday before the rains came - bit of a newbie at this lark (so don't expect miracles) but it felt exciting to me :rolleyes: 

Well done Geoffers.  I can still clearly remember the 'Rush' I got when I taught myself to DS, excitement indeed :drool: .

Stu.

It might not be Wheldon, more like Weston! Good effort Geoff, hope for some more of that soon.

After a prickly excursion into the rough followed by some tree climbing, Benny finally gets into the groove with the Polecat ... 

• 1 month later...
oipigface

Anybody heading to Whitesheet sometime in the next few days? It looks like good weather for a maiden, and I could use a bit of help with a launch.

Hi,

The "Guildford Crew" are down at the White Sheet all of this week for our annual Spring holiday, and will be up there every day, weather permitting. I am sure one or more of us will be happy to help you out with a launch!

oipigface

That's good news. I'll meet you all there some time in the next couple of days. Forecast looks promising!

• 4 months later...

I'm spending a week in the Port Isaac area and the wind is forcast sumit East.

I there anywhere I can fly (a sloper) without travelling the length of the County?

Thanks Guy

Hi Guy,

Not a lot of good easterly sites around that area that I am aware of.

Hore Point by Looe, Rame Head this side of Plymouth is very good and Dodman Point but that's a long drive and a long walk.

Would think Hore Point is your closest.

I am going to give a new site by Porthsatho a go tomorrow but it is still quite a drive for you.

Roger

• 1 month later...

Hello all,

I just got back from a beautiful evening of bungee launching my Allegro off the back of Morgans at Whitesheet - where is everybody!?

To be fair, there was blustery wind and rain showers, so I'm sure that put people off, but then this happened...

Image will be here when I can figure out how!

post-3193-0-91305500-1413050993_thumb.jp

All the wind died, the sun came out and I had the world to myself to practise launches and spot landings with nothing but the cows for miles about.

Tomorrow (Sunday October 12) is due to be 5-10mph ENE - perfect for Westbury. Hopefully see some people up there..

cheers,

Chris

• Like 3