Turnigy Servos

Jerry Lunt

After umming and arring over what servos to get for my new Mini Vec, I decided to go for Turnigy's from the UK warehouse of HK and I'm well pleased.

I got 2 TGY-2216MG for the fuselage and 4 TGY-778MG for the wings.  I probably would have had the 777's for the wings if they'd been in stock.

2 days from order and I have 'em without hassle.  Interesting that the sending company marked on the box was something innocuous rather than HK.  Less temptation on the way I presume.

Anyway, the servos all work smoothly and quietly but what I liked most with the wing servos was the supply of 3 plastic and 1 alloy single servo arms with each one.  The plastic ones are good and thick with 3 holes and a reasonable blank area inside the holes for drilling to my own radius requirement.

Brilliant.    :thumbsup:

I have been using Turnigy servos (from thin wing types through to powerful standard types) with great success for some years now.  Having said that, they are not all born equal:  some seem to be exact clones of other makes (MKS for instance), others are COMPLETELY different...  

Name on the box - Lucky Stuff Ltd, 18 Elmsett Airfield, Elmsett, Ipswich ?

That's it.......

....... and I certainly would not, should need arise, send back to there, but to HK  ^_^

Have used Turnigy 712G wing servos for some time now and have never sent any back which is not the  case for others like Hyperion.

The 712 seems to have the strongest gear train I have come across.

http://www.hobbyking.co.uk/hobbyking/store/__22688__Turnigy_TGY_S712G_Alloy_Case_Digital_Slim_Wing_Servo_Metal_Gear_7kg_12sec_28g.html

This servo is rapidly becoming my standard servo for a number of applications.

It even says it's waterproof, as I fly float planes this was my introduction to it, but now I use it in my gliders too.

http://www.hobbyking.co.uk/hobbyking/store/__8760__Turnigy_380MAX_Micro_Servo_Metal_Gear_4_1kg_16sec_17_4g.html

John

Have used Turnigy 712G wing servos for some time now and have never sent any back which is not the  case for others like Hyperion.

The 712 seems to have the strongest gear train I have come across.

http://www.hobbyking.co.uk/hobbyking/store/__22688__Turnigy_TGY_S712G_Alloy_Case_Digital_Slim_Wing_Servo_Metal_Gear_7kg_12sec_28g.html

I looked at those but neither in stock in UK  :(

I looked and was offered a discount for looking..

If you were logged on as a member, you would see only the "discounted" price...