Bartletts 200Mtr League. 22nd May

PeteMitchell

Pete,

Can you please add me for 100 inch as well?

Ian.

(The optimist) 

• Committee Member
Nick Jackson

Greetings from Germany. Sorry I can't be there. Best of luck to all with the weather and the flying. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nick Jackson said:

... Sorry I can't be there. Best of luck to all with the weather and the flying. 

+1

• Committee Member
PeteMitchell

We were lucky with the weather.

The system which had promised wind and rain moved past on Saturday, and our day turned out just about perfect.

Very light wind, not too much sun and good lift. Also patches of nasty sink to catch out the unwary or unlucky.

With some of our regular pilots off at other events, there were 20 entrants and 3 of those entered two classes.

6 rounds of 3 slots each were flown, and just about every slot went the full 10minutes. We enjoyed a leisurely lunch break complete with the usual ‘Bartletts’ banter which always helps to make the day. This was the second comp. run with our revised 200M rule, and with pilots more used to the new scoring system, things ran fairly smoothly and we were able to finish by 4pm.

Below is today’s worthy winner Allan Twine, seen here collecting the traditional bottle.  Also below are today’s results along with League scores after the 2 rounds flown so far.

Looking forward to the next one on 12thJune.:thumbsup:

Chelmsford-20160522-03173.jpg

Overall.png

Series.png

• Like 1

One truly amazing day for me. Managed a personnel best height of 434m, and maxed out on the first three rounds. My thanks to Peter for the organisation, and to all who helped me, in particular Paul. Just need to practise my spot landings now.

• Like 1

Pete

I know my score was pretty c--- on the day( may be this was due to having a 30 minute plus flight before the comp) :yes: but as I only flew 2 metre, there should be an Open score as well for the League. You never know, I might get an even worse score in those to come:no:

• Committee Member
PeteMitchell

As far as I can see, Gliderscore cannot be set up to give one model two league scores.

It can be changed to score a 2M score as an Open entry as shown in the league result below.

I think we will still have to calculate the final league placing at the end of the season unless I can find a way to do it with Gliderscore.

Series.png

Perhaps I should carry on with collating all the League scores, as I have done, the last couple of years, and then we should compare the results at the end of the season? 

Gliderscore is a great product, but it doesn't necessarily do things the same way as we have done them. 

I actually prefer the Gliderscore way of scoring the non-open leagues, and was going to suggest that I adopted the same methodology. The only problem I can see with that, is when someone wins the open with their non-open entry, and they have double-entered. I don't think anyone will get a 1000 for the open league score when that happens. 

Mike Connell

Well done to Pete for yesterdays great comp. I finished the event without any obvious problems. I packed Erwin and took home. I put together this morning to check for maintenance and repairs and found the ailerons and flap servo's have failed. The rudder and elevator are O.K. Ailerons and flaps Hitec HB65 and the rudder and elevator Ripmax 150. I cannot think of any reason for 4 servo's to fail simultaneously. Has anyone else had this experience.  The RX is a Futaba R617FS

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, connellmj said:

Well done to Pete for yesterdays great comp. I finished the event without any obvious problems. I packed Erwin and took home. I put together this morning to check for maintenance and repairs and found the ailerons and flap servo's have failed. The rudder and elevator are O.K. Ailerons and flaps Hitec HB65 and the rudder and elevator Ripmax 150. I cannot think of any reason for 4 servo's to fail simultaneously. Has anyone else had this experience.  The RX is a Futaba R617FS

Sounds like a connection problem with the +  or - on the plug, to have nothing working at all on the wing servo's

1 hour ago, connellmj said:

I have taken all the servo's out and tested in a RX and a servo tester and nothing.

Sounds like they have shorted out, bad news:(

• Committee Member
PeteMitchell

More results from yesterdays comp.

To avoid taking up loads of space on the forum, I have posted just the Height penalty and landing bonus results.

A full copy of all round results is in the attached pdf filel.

If it won't open for you please let me know and I will try something else.

Bartletts 200M League 22nd May - Flight Scores - Duration.pdf

heightpenalty.png

Landing.png

Thanks Pete.  It's always interesting to see a breakdown of the scores into the separate sections.  Might not like what I see, but it's still useful to know were I lost so many points.  I'm sure those at the top and bottom of the tables would agree.