Southern Winter League F3f 2016/17.

Gromit

We need a few more entries yet if this comp is going to happen, so 'Roll-up, Roll-up" and get your name down before 6pm Friday!

Simon

On ‎05‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 19:48, simon_t said:

OK folks - Stuart has asked me to assist with the arrangements for the next Southern Winter League event at Whitesheet this coming Sunday.  Please can you enter on this thread and I will keep a tally.  Expect a weather call Friday evening.

Simon

I wish to give a huge public thank you & express my gratitude to Simon, for all that he is personally doing to try & ensure that Sundays Southern Wint lg rd 2 comp goes ahead. I am bitterly disappointed & deeply frustrated that for reasons of a deterioration in my health, I am unable to organise, or attend the event myself.

I'm certain that all the pilots who will be competing in the comp are similarly grateful to Simon, I therefore wish to thank Simon on all said pilots behalf's, thank you very much Simon.

Stu,  Whitesheet Comp Sec.

• Like 2

You should organise the midlands events Stu. 

Nothing too it. 

3rd event planned for Saturday. 

XC showing 2 mph and rain.  :(

Looks like another day out on the bike. 

• Like 1

Unfortunately, in spite of trawling a variety of forecasts the majority are at or below minimum wind speed.  I have also consulted with the CD, Pete Burgess.  We are also very short on numbers, as I can't make it as I have to stay local for work reasons.  So I am calling this event OFF.

Next opportunity is in January.  Have a good Christmas and get those new models ready!

Simon

On Friday, December 09, 2016 at 19:23, simon_t said:

Unfortunately, in spite of trawling a variety of forecasts the majority are at or below minimum wind speed.  I have also consulted with the CD, Pete Burgess.  We are also very short on numbers, as I can't make it as I have to stay local for work reasons.  So I am calling this event OFF.

Next opportunity is in January.  Have a good Christmas and get those new models ready!

Simon

My Sincerest thanks to Simon for all he has personally done over the past week regarding organising everything for this comp. My thanks too to Pete Burgess who was to CD the event, traveling all the way from Eastbourne to do so. I so very much appreciate all that you have both done & were going to do to run & CD the event, I thank you both. I hope that some time in  the future I can be of similar help to yourselves.

Its disappointing & a surprise to me to hear of a shortage of numbers, I am aware however that we presently have 6 regular Southerrn Wint Lg pilots who have contacted myself apologising that for either work or personal reasons they were unable to attend todays comp had it been on. Communication from these persons was much appreciated.

The next Southern Winter Lg is on Jan 8th, I hope my health to have improved by then, & I'm looking forward to an enjoyable days racing with you all.

A correct weather call by Simon was made for today, BBC forecast for today showing very light Westerly only 3-5 mph http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2642730?day=1

Regards,

Stu

• 3 weeks later...

OK all

i am taking entry's for the next round of the southern winter league

this is on the 8th January 2017 location will be WhiteSheet.

post names here please

thanks

JP

My sincerest thanks to JP for stepping forward to take over from myself the organising & running of rd 3 of the Southern Winter lg. After several months of really looking forward to running the Winter Lg i'm bitterly disappointed to now find i'm not well enough to do so.

I'm certain the Whitesheet RFC pilots will do everything they can to help set up, fetch & carry the course etc & help with anything else that may be required during the day.

Stu.

1 hour ago, Gromit said:

i'm not well

Stuart,

I'm sure we will see you back in action soon. Wishing you (and everyone else on the forum) a healthy and prosperous New Year.

John

• Like 3

Hi All

just a reminder that this coming Sunday 8th there is round 3 southern winter league.

entries on here or to me

johnphillips@systemhygienics.co.uk

cheers

JP