F5B & F3BE League entry for 2017

Alan Flockhart

Alan Flockhart

Morning All, 

I have just put up the 2017 league sign up form for F5B/F5B Inter/F3BE this year - https://goo.gl/forms/b6sG0uw9mC4dqydt1 

As we have said we are willing to run an F3BE event alongside the F5B one for those who are interested in attending.  In terms of rules we have a definition of the class linked below and the aim would be to fine tune those over the year with the people who attend - The idea being we are flying F3BE models on the same course as F5B models hence they need to fit in with what the main event is doing.   The F3BE event will not be run to the SFTC rules as published in the BMFA handbook though we will be using a height limiter to ensure there is a level playing field. 

Any questions please let us know. 

Alan

Thanks for doing this for us, Alan.

I have entered ticks for the comps that I hope to attend.

Really though, this section of the forum is not ideal for the electric model classes being advertised here, as they are neither F3B nor F3F.

Yes, some of the models can be just electrified F3F or F3B models, but you could say exactly the same about F3J and F5J, yet they are given separate areas of the forum.

As the F3Be class format has virtually nothing to do with F3B, it is a misnomer, in fact giving it an F is, in my opinion, more likely to cause confusion than be a helpful categorisation, and I wonder if something like E3.3 may specify the larger models better.

My reason for calling it E3.3? The class can include anything that is Electric, from 2.6kg to 3.33kg, and wingspan 2.6m to 3.33m.

What are others thoughts?

Very best regards,

Jef