Tweedledee

martynk

HI all

A gliding group is being formed up here in the North West. It appears that many of the members have Electric 2m sized duration machines so I thought I may as well join the fray.

Here is my first pass at another Alice Character. Just hope if wont be as obese as its namesake. (Tweedledum may be the next F3-RES glider - with more dihedral - if this looks OK).

Its a Flap/Aileron with fully coupled Flaps and Ailerons. Wing section is SD7080 with a flap at about 80% (in between the rear spar).

The idea (after playing with profilli) is 5deg up for 'penetration' and up to 20 degrees down (bottom hinged with top shroud) for floating looks usable. More for landing

Your thoughts please maestros. Construction wise - carbon boom and tail mount and wing joiner. The rest is wood. Aiming for <500g RTF. Balsa LE D box  Spruce spars inner panels and possibly a bit of carbon in the TE to help keep it straight. Still need to do some more work on the fus but that will happen after I sort out the hardware.

Tweedledee_v1.jpg.c6ae12fb412a922aa1bfd755728a6205.jpg

Any recommendations (Turnigy priced stuff) for a drive train and prop?

I have included Sailplane Calc if anyone wants to look at the raw numbers

Thanks

Tweedledee Sailplane Calc.xls

3 hours ago, martynk said:

Its a Flap/Aileron with fully coupled Flaps and Ailerons. Wing section is SD7080 with a flap at about 80% (in between the rear spar).

The idea (after playing with profilli) is 5deg up for 'penetration' and up to 20 degrees down (bottom hinged with top shroud) for floating looks usable. More for landing

At first glance that sounds an awful lot. F3K models are something like 2 degrees up and 4 degrees down?

Jon

• Like 1

Now showing my ignorance Jon having never actually seen one of these things close up :) . I have to admit 20 down did look rather a lot...5 up less so.

Thanks