BARCS-ELG 29thApril 2018 CANCELLED

PeteMitchell

• Committee Member
PeteMitchell

Due to the loss of EQFA's flying field at Bartletts Farm,we are fortunate that this year’s first BARCS - ELG rules comp, qualifying for the Bartletts League can be  held at Lt.Bentley Polo Park,. Lt. Bentley, Nr.Colchester, Essex, CO7 8SN.

The usual 3 classes of model can be flown, Open, 2Mtr and 100” (up to 2.6mtr allowed), and each can score points in their own Bartletts league. Please note that models must comply with BARCS class restrictions if you wish to also score in the appropriate BARCS Leagues.

2 entries allowed, but each entry must be with different class models.

AMRT (Height limiter) CAN be set to any height up to 300mtrs, but MUST be set with a maximum motor run time of 30sec.

Scoring as per F5J, i.e. a penalty of 3 points per metre for launching over 200mtrs, BUT no bonus for launching below 200mtrs.

And don’t forget, not only can you re start your motor in an emergency (which cancels that flight score) but you get one re launch in a slot if you find it necessary

Entry £5.00 payable on the day.

Please register your entry in this thread, all will be assumed to on 2.4 unless advised

Glad you have a field but feeling sad I won't be coming due to 250 miles round trip.

Hope you get another field near Bartletts for the next one in Essex.

• Committee Member
PeteMitchell
1 hour ago, Nicholls said:

Hope you get another field near Bartletts for the next one in Essex

Sorry you can't make it Ian, but understand the distance problem.

We do have another field at Bartletts, at the top of the lane.

The problem is that the lane is still being repaired after the winter damage and wont be ready until  next week. The new field is closer to the gun club and they have a meeting on this same date. Not a problem flying there (we are told) but there would be very limited parking .

Next comp should be on this field if all goes well.

• Like 1

Sorry Pete,

Cant make this one, three weekends in a row will be grounds for divorce this early in the year:rolleyes::whistle:

Hope you all have a great day and will be gutted not to be there.

Regards

Eamon

• Committee Member
PeteMitchell
On 4/22/2018 at 19:08, Buster46 said:

Cant make this one

Sorry you wont be there Eamon, and what am I going to do  if Portia's not there scoring;)

See you at the next one.

• Haha 1

On 4/22/2018 at 19:08, Buster46 said:

Sorry Pete,

Cant make this one, three weekends in a row will be grounds for divorce this early in the year:rolleyes::whistle:

Hope you all have a great day and will be gutted not to be there.

Regards

Eamon

Wise move Eamon, cost me a lot of money some 30 years ago now.

• Confused 1

• Committee Member
PeteMitchell

Weather watching again:cry:

The current forecast is showing Sunday as a complete washout with heavy rain all day. But Saturday , so far, is looking like  only a low chance of lite rain.

Saturday is not a good day for me, but if every one else is OK and prepared to risk it, I can change my plans.

The problem is that I need to decide one way or the other, tomorrow evening latest.

Please post here if you would be OK for Saturday.

• Committee Member
PeteMitchell

Because of the Sunday forecast and a couple of phone conversations tonight, I have decided that it is not worth waiting any longer in the hope that this weather pattern is going to change.

THIS COMP IS NOW CANCELLED and will now be run on the following Sunday at Bartletts Farm.

I will start a new entry thread.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2018 at 09:18, EssexBOF said:

Wise move Eamon, cost me a lot of money some 30 years ago now.

Have already given one house away, would rather not do it again.  Am too old for that ;-)