FAI ID code vinyl prints

Brett82

Hi all

I am going to order some vinyl prints with my FAI ID code to put on the flap of my gliders. It is a requirement for the Eurotour comps so if anyone else requires some do you want me to order some for you at the same time?  Looks like the work out at £2.76 each (not sure what postage is going to be but we can split that between anyone interested and there may be a discount for buying more).

Its the best site I have found to get them from as you can set the height required (25 mm) and it works out the rest of the dimension automatically. Check out the screenshot below. I want to order buy the end of the weekend so let me know.

image.thumb.png.028db9bb7f625ee2d47c209b39aea3c1.png

Thanks Phil 

The price for 9 letters is slightly more on the ebay one but only just so still worth a look. 

The place I have put the screen shot of also do loads of fonts and colours, that was just an example. Some colours you can even choose from gloss, matt or metallic. 

Brett 

Credit where credit is due... if anyone needs stickers I would definitely recommend https://www.vinylletteringonline.co.uk/

I ordered them on Monday (bank holiday) and they arrived today, Wednesday. With postage, four cost a little over £13 and at the checkout stage I was offered a free squidgy. Took less than 5 minutes to clean the wing and apply them without any issues. Hundreds of fonts and loads of colours to choose from and so easy to order. 

DSC_0341.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Brett,

only to be clear: GBR 200130 is you National Licence Number.

Your FAI-ID is: 124015 😉

Tobias

• Like 1

C.11 IDENTIFICATION MARKS C.11.1 Class F - Model Aircraft
a) Model aircraft, except for Indoor Free Flight and Scale, shall carry:
cont/...
               SC4_CIAM General_Rules_18 Effective 1st January 2018 Page 31:

C.11.2
C.12
i) The national identification mark followed by the National FAI licence number or the FAI Unique ID number. The letters and numbers must be at least 25 mm high and appear at least once on each model (on the upper surface of a wing for Free Flight models).
Note: The list of the national identification marks (3 letters per country) is downloadable from “Documents” section of the CIAM website http://www.fai.org/ciam-documents.

So your fine Brett 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Biest said:

Hi Brett,

only to be clear: GBR 200130 is you National Licence Number.

Your FAI-ID is: 124015 😉

Tobias

Hi Tobias 

I thought the same as you so I sent off all three numbers and a screenshot of my FAI licence (on the link mentioned in another post) to Mark and he advised to just use the GBR 200130. 

To be fair, the place I got them from was so reasonable I could change them if needed. 

Thanks Andy, as Mark is organising the event I should be OK as I followed his advice. If I win the lotto and go to a comp abroad I will get it checked, just in case. 

Brett 

37 minutes ago, Biest said:

The only time you really need the FAI-ID is actually for Processing at Class1-FAI-Events

Thanks Tobias

I had them printed for the up-coming FAI North of England and Welsh Eurotour events. The thread was more to try show people a good place where they can purchase the Vinyls should they need them. Hopefully it helps.

Brett

• Like 1